Get your network management up and running as fast as possible with agentless scanning methods and discover your network without having to install any software on your machines. Eliminate one of the biggest hurdles in IT asset management and save valuable time and resources.
The logical solution to keep track of all machines in your IT environment is to use network inventory software. However, installing a client or scanning agent before you can get started is a time-consuming and tedious job. This is especially true if you are using an extensive network, or if you haven't discovered your assets in the first place.
So how do you find those assets you haven't been keeping track of? How do you keep track of your network inventory without having to inventory it first? Use Lansweeper!
Solution: Agentless Scanning
Use several agentless scanning methods to discover your network. Scan Linux, Unix, Mac, and Windows computers easily remotely, as well as VMware servers and any other device in your network. Below an overview of the most commonly used agentless scanning targets in Lansweeper:
- The IP range scanning target is a scheduled scanning target that scans any IP range specified by you. IP range scanning discovers any asset that is connected to your network.
- The Active Directory Domain scanning target is an automated scanning target suitable for scanning Windows computers that are part of an Active Directory domain. Specify specific sites or OUs or scan your entire domain.
- The Active Directory Computer Path scanning target is a scheduled scanning target that scans any Windows computers in the Active Directory computer container or OU specified by you.
- The Active Directory User/Group Path scanning target is a scheduled scanning target suitable for scanning Active Directory users and Active Directory user groups. Active Directory User/Group Path only scans AD users and AD groups, not computer objects.
- The Workgroup scanning target is an automated scanning target for Windows computers that are part of a workgroup.
Use our LsAgent scanning agent where agentless scanning is not an option. LsAgent is a small, lightweight application that gathers data locally from Windows, Mac & Linux devices and sends it back to your Lansweeper installation. It is Lansweeper's answer to increased network mobility and complexity.