Latest version: September 11th, 2018
The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice.
- We respect your privacy
Within the scope of its activities LANSWEEPER NV, a limited liability company existing under Belgian Laws, with registered address at 9200 Dendermonde, Zeelsebaan 83/Z, registered under enterprise number 0538.668.417 ("Lansweeper") collects and uses information about natural persons (better known as "personal data").
At Lansweeper we value and respect your privacy and the security of your personal data. That is why we process your personal data in strict compliance with the applicable legislation on personal data protection (including the General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR").
Lansweeper NV is committed to ensuring that your privacy is fully protected. Should we request you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our product, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Lansweeper NV may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will notify you via our website when this is the case.
Within the scope of our commitment to protect your privacy and the security of your personal data, we wish to explain in all transparency:
- why and how we collect, use and save personal data;
- what our role as controller of personal data comprises; and
- what your rights and our obligations are in this respect.
- The controller of your personal data
Lansweeper is the controller of your personal data. This means that it will decide why and how your personal data will be collected and used.
Lansweeper processes these personal data in its capacity of company which you or your employer has developed a contractual relationship with (for representatives/contacts of our prospects, customers and suppliers who are natural persons) or in its capacity of operator of the website you visit (for visitors of our website).
- Which personal data are collected for the purpose of processing and how are they collected?
No information is transmitted from a Lansweeper installation to "Lansweeper" other than:
- Identification data: email address, surname, first name, address, company, VAT ID, telephone number,
- Billing data: Card number, IBAN, BIC, order reference number, Account details, etc.
- Metadata Installation; Information retrieved when you install our Software, such as license type, Lansweeper Software version, IP address, email address, Install-ID, asset count, database server type and web server type
- Scan Result data LS-Agent via cloud scanning (remote server): we give you the opportunity to scan via LS-Agent. The scan result data are encrypted before storage for your safety. Please note that we will only store this data for the maximum extent of 1 month.
The personal data are obtained in various manners:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by purchasing our product, through contact forms that you complete, contests that you participate in, promotions that you make use of, commercial actions that you sign in for or upon payment transactions): When you use our Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register and manage your Account. We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our forum. You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions. Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons. We'll normally let you know when information is required, and the consequences of failing to provide it. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
- We record some of it automatically when you use our services, website or social media pages and thereto linked technologies: When you use our Services, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the Services, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices. For more information read our Cookie Declaration.
- We receive some of it from third parties: If you make a purchase, we obtain limited information about your payment card from our payment processor. Currently, our payment processor is Cleverbridge.
- What do we process your personal data for?
We always process your personal data for the particular purpose of handling your requests or your purchase in general. We only process the data that are necessary for achieving that purpose. More specifically we process personal data for the following purposes:
- Complying with law: Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
- Contests: When you participate in an action or contest, we will ask your name, address and email address. This way we can execute the contest and contact and announce the laureate(s). This way we also measure the response to our advertising actions.
- Customer service: You can call or email In order to make sure that we can help you as quickly as possible, we make use of the data you provide us with and we make notes that we save. We send you emails about your transactions and service-related announcements.
- Improvement of our products and services: We are continuously searching to improve our services. To this effect we may use your personal data to ask you to participate in a customer or market survey. Sometimes third parties carry out those surveys. To this effect we transmit your email address to that third party. The third party obviously is to observe our privacy rules and after termination of the survey for example it shall delete your email address.
- Management and improvement website: We also use the data of the persons visiting our website to manage and improve these website as well as to analyse the use thereof.
- Management of customers, suppliers and partner programmes: We store the contact details of our business customers and partners to manage the relationship with these customers and partners.
- Marketing: For more information please read our Cookie Declaration. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service and internal record keeping.
- Security and fraud: We use customer data to examine, prevent and fight fraud and protect our and other's interests, rights and property. If required we also communicate customer data to the competent (administrative) authorities, legal institutions or other public bodies.
- Supply our product and services to customers: To handle your order we need your contact and billing data such as email address, surname, first name, address, company, VAT ID, telephone number, card number and other billing information from licensee and billing contact. This way we can deliver your order, process payments, respond to your inquiries and keep you updated on the status of your order. If necessary for the handling of your order, we will also transmit your data to our subcontractors, for example our payment processor.
The list of possible purposes will be supplemented if necessary.
- How do we process your personal data?
We save your data only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
We erase your data when it is no longer relevant.
- Customer service: The billing and license information you provide us with is saved in our internal CRM, to make sure we can provide you with excellent customer service, before and after your purchase. Please make sure this data is always up to date via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Subscriptions: When you subscribe to our marketing emails, your email address will be saved in a database that is used to send the newsletter you have subscribed to. Your email address will be erased when you have cancelled all your subscriptions. If you wish to disconnect, you can deregister from our marketing emails (via the link we provide you in each email) or adapt your browser settings or your preference via Cookiebot accordingly so that it refuses these cookies.
- Comments on Our Forum and social media: Lansweeper reserves the right to erase posts, comments, links and publications that we believe to be abusive, insulting, for marketing purposes, to discredit the market, or that entail copyright intrusion, criminal activity or similar. We also reserve the right to block users who repeatedly contravene our rules. Sharing sensitive information about other people is not permitted when publishing questions and comments on our website or social media pages. Sensitive information may include union membership, sexual orientation, religion, etc. We monitor and moderate our social media pages and our website.
We collect and use the personal data we have received based on your voluntary, explicit and specific consent, except when the processing is required for the execution of an agreement or for the compliance with an obligation that is imposed by law, decree, ordinance; or when the processing of the personal data is necessary for safeguarding our legitimate interest. In that case we will verify whether your interest or your fundamental rights and freedoms do not override the above. Examples of such a legitimate interest are: providing a cost-effective service, offering our products and services to our customers, fraud prevention and the protection of our IT systems and networks, compliance with our corporate and social responsibilities.
- With whom my personal data are shared?
In principle your personal data are only accessible to the authorized employees within Lansweeper that need to have access to those personal data in function of their professional tasks. In any case, those personal data shall only be processed for the purposes as described in article 4.
All these members of our personnel are bound by strict internal rules and procedures with respect to the processing of personal data. They are also obliged to observe the technical and organizational measures that we have taken to protect your personal data.
Such recipients may be located in jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area that may not guarantee an appropriate level of personal data protection. With respect to the transfer of the personal data to such jurisdictions, we shall take proper measures to make sure that the transfer is realized in accordance with the applicable rules relating to the international transfer of personal data.
If you make a purchase, we obtain limited information about your payment card from our payment processor. Currently, our payment processor is Cleverbridge.
- Right to oppose the use of your personal data for marketing purposes
You can oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at all times. To this effect you can send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to - 9200 Dendermonde, Zeelsebaan 83/Z. This right to oppose can also be exercised through every newsletter.
- Your rights
You shall have the right to access your personal data and to have them rectified. In some cases you also have the right to oppose the processing thereof or to have them erased. You also have the right, under certain circumstances, to data portability.
To this effect you can send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to our customer service - 9200 Dendermonde, Zeelsebaan 83/Z. In both cases (email and posted letter) please insert a copy of your identity card or passport, so that we can verify your identity.
When you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time, but in that case you should be aware of the fact that you will not be able to fully enjoy all services. Such withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to the withdrawal thereof.
If you are not satisfied with the way we process your personal data, you can inform us thereof and you have the right to file a complaint with the supervising authority that is competent for the protection of personal data.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above shown address. We will promptly correct any information found to be erroneous.
- Protection of your personal data
We take the necessary administrative, technical and organizational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data and protect your personal data against destruction, loss, abuse, unlawful granting of unauthorized access, to the transmitted, stored or otherwise processed data, either by accident or unlawfully, which more in particular may lead to physical, material or immaterial damage.
These measures take into account the state of technology, the implementation costs, as well as the nature, the size, the context and the processing purposes and also the probability and severity of the various risks for the rights and freedoms of natural persons that are related to the processing.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place the suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Retention of your personal data
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary for achieving the purpose for which they were collected and in line with the legal, regulatory and internal requirements in this respect. If however you want your personal data to be deleted from our systems, you can request this as long as your request is legally well-founded, permitted by law and doesn't obstruct us from offering an excellent customer service.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on the hard disk of the computer and/or devices of the visitors of certain websites. They contain certain information, such as for example the language preference indicated by the visitor. Other cookies collect statistics about the visitors of our website or make sure that the graphical layout of the website is correctly represented and that the applications of the website operate correctly.
- Links to other websites
The Lansweeper website may contain links to websites that are administered by customer companies outside Lansweeper. Those other websites have their own Privacy Statement which you should carefully read when you visit them. In no case whatsoever we shall be held liable for the content of those websites, nor for any processing of personal data by these third parties.
- Contact us
If you have questions or want to submit a request you can always contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a letter to or send a letter to our customer service - 9200 Dendermonde, Zeelsebaan 83/Z. We will be pleased to help you.