⚡ TL;DR | Go Straight to the SCCM End of Life Report.
In order to avoid that you run outdated and unsupported versions of Microsoft SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), we made an overview of everything that you need to know regarding the versions of SCCM that go end of life. Keep your network safe and update your Configuration Manager environment.
SCCM Life Cycle
Microsoft said that there will be no additional paid extended support when SCCM goes end of life (end of support). So no more security update, new features, online help, incident support and more. Below, you will find all the information that you need to make sure that you are running up to date software.
|Version||Availability date||Support end date|
|April 5, 2021||October 5, 2022|
|November 30, 2020||May 30, 2022|
|August 11, 2020||February 11, 2022|
|April 1, 2020||October 1, 2021|
|November 29, 2019||May 29, 2021|
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM) Version 1910 End of Life
SCCM Version 1910 is going end of life on May 29, 2021. We advise you to update to version 2006 or later to avoid any security risks. The Configuration Manager is now part of Microsoft Endpoint Manager, here are the biggest changes:
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager tenant attach: Display all applications for a device and merge antivirus policy exclusion
- Site infrastructure, new prerequisite checks: enable the site for HTTPS-only or enhanced HTTP, deprecated Azure monitor connector and SQL Server Express version
- Application management: disable application deployments
- Protection: Improvements to BitLocker management
- Software updates: Approved scripts for orchestration groups.
Run Our Audit Report
Our experts created a SCCM End of life Audit Report that checks if the assets running SCCM software in your network are on the latest versions. It's color-coded to give you an easy and quick overview of which assets are already on the latest SCCM version, and which ones still need to be patched. As always, all admins are advised to install these security updates as soon as possible to protect your installations from security risks.