⚡ TL;DR | Go Straight to the SCCM End of Life Report.
In order to avoid running outdated and unsupported versions of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (formerly System Center Configuration Manager or SCCM), we made an overview of everything that you need to know regarding the versions of SCCM that go end of life. Keep your network safe and update your Configuration Manager environment.
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Life Cycle
Microsoft does not offer any additional paid extended support when SCCM goes end of life (end of support). Once a version goes end of life, there are no more security updates, new features, online help, incident support, and more. Below, you will find all the information that you need to make sure that you are running up-to-date software.
|Version||Availability date||Support end date|
|December 5, 2022||June 5, 2024|
|August 12, 2022||February 12, 2024|
|April 8, 2022||October 8, 2023|
|December 1, 2021||June 1, 2023|
|August 2, 2021||February 2, 2023|
|April 5, 2021||October 5, 2022|
|November 30, 2020||May 30, 2022|
|August 11, 2020||February 11, 2022|
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM) Version 2107 End of Life
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager version 2107 will be going end of life on the 2nd of February, 2023. To ensure your SCCM version is fully supported you are advised to update to version 2111 or higher. Aside from being supported, version 2111 also adds a list of new features that you can make use of, including but not limited to:
- Improvements to application groups.
- Approvals for orchestration group scripts.
- Simplified cloud attach configuration.
- Improvements to cloud management gateway.
- Improvements to VPN boundary types.
- Improvements to the client health dashboard.
- Improvements to the Windows servicing dashboard.
- Custom properties for devices in the console.
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM) Version 2103 End of Life
SCCM version 2103 will go end of life on October 5, 2022. To ensure your SCCM version is fully supported it is advised to update to version 2107 or higher. Aside from being supported, version 2107 also adds a list of new features to the SCCM feature set that you can make use of, including but not limited to:
- Implicit Uninstall of Applications
- New prerequisite check for SQL Server 2012
- Convert a CMG to virtual machine scale set
- List third-party updates catalogs in SCCM 2107
- Support for macOS Big Sur in ConfigMgr 2107
- Publish query to Community hub from CMPivot
- Enhanced code editor for Scripts
- Support for Windows Server 2022 and the ADK for Windows 11
System Center 2012 & 2012 R2 End of Life
Multiple products part of Microsoft System Center 2012 and Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 are going end-of-life on July 12, 2022. While these products will continue to function, Microsoft will no longer be providing technical support, security updates and fixes, or definition, engine, and platform updates.
On July 12, 2022, the following products will reach end of support.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr 2012)
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr 2012 R2)
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection (SCEP 2012)
- System Center 2012 R2 Endpoint Protection (SCEP 2012 R2)
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM) Version 2010 End of Life
SCCM version 2010 will be end of life on May 30, 2022. To ensure your SCCM version is fully supported it is advised to update to version 2103 or higher. Aside from being supported, version 2103 also adds a list of new features to the SCCM feature set that you can make use of, including but not limited to:
- Change foreground color for Software Center branding
- Deploy Feature Update with Task sequence
- Display Device Applications in MEM admin center
- ConfigMgr 2103 New Prerequisite Check Feature - Enable the site for HTTPS-only or enhanced HTTP
- Disable App Deployments
- Download Power BI report templates from the Community hub
- Mark your Reports as Favorite in the Console
SCCM Version 2006 End of Life
SCCM version 2006 will be end of life on February 11, 2022. To ensure your SCCM version is fully supported it is advised to update to version 2010 or higher. Aside from being supported, version 2010 also adds a list of new features to the SCCM feature set that you can make use of, including but not limited to:
- Disable Azure AD authentication for onboarded tenants
- New Windows 10 diagnostic data levels
- Report ConfigMgr Update Error to Microsoft
- Delete Aged Collected Diagnostic Files Task
- Deploy an OS over CMG using bootable media
- Configuration Manager task sequence size
- Collection query preview
- View Collection Relationships
Run Our Audit Report
Our experts created an SCCM End of life Audit Report that checks if the assets running SCCM software in your network are on the latest versions. It's color-coded to give you an easy and quick overview of which assets are already on the latest version of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, and which ones still need to be patched. As always, all admins are advised to install these security updates as soon as possible to protect your installations from security risks.s.