IMPORTANT – This installer is for a beta version of Lansweeper. We highly recommend that you install this Lansweeper version on a separate test server, as beta releases may still contain bugs. Do not use this installer to update a production installation of Lansweeper.
22.214.171.124 – 175 MB
The Lansweeper team is focusing their efforts on what we have always been best at, discovering your network. Our priority is to scan more assets and to find more information about them. We’re also streamlining the Lansweeper installation process, especially for large environments.
A new scanning option under the Scanning menu that listens for assets within network traffic. Asset Radar is particularly useful for discovering assets that are only briefly present in your network.
A tool under the Scanning menu that allows you to import MIB files for custom SNMP OID scanning.
Silent install, uninstall and update support for the Lansweeper installer. Parameters can be passed directly in your CMD command or using an INI file.
Please send any feedback (questions, suggestions and bug reports) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe you’ve found a bug, please include the following in your email.
- Changed: LAN-4578 It is no longer possible to update a Lansweeper installation hosted in the deprecated SQL Compact database server without first converting the database to SQL LocalDB or SQL Server
- Changed: LAN-4659 Renamed the Asset Prospector feature to Asset Radar throughout the Lansweeper web console
- Fixed: LAN-3759 AirWatch scanning can fail to scan or save user data of mobile devices
- Fixed: LAN-4687 Creating a Windows Computer exclusion can result in exclusion warnings on the pages of non-Windows assets that meet the exclusion criterion
- Fixed: LAN-4746 Encountering the same MAC address multiple times in network traffic can cause Asset Radar to stop listening and scanning
- Fixed: LAN-4445 Error when hovering over a Citrix Pool asset and selecting the Config tab
- Fixed: LAN-4722 If multiple Windows credentials are mapped to an IP range and the top one generates an access denied error, Batch Scanning fails to try the other mapped credentials
- Fixed: LAN-4634 Inability to submit an asset/user relation without an end date
- Fixed: LAN-4684 “Invalid AssetID” error when hovering over an Azure Virtual Machine asset and selecting the Config tab
- Fixed: LAN-4727 Layout issue under Scanning\Scanning Logs when using multiple scanning servers
- Fixed: LAN-4107 Making changes to one scanning server under Configuration\Server Options can result in unwanted changes to another scanning server and incorrect entries in the tblConfigLog database table
- Fixed: LAN-3819 SCCM scanning sometimes fails with the following error: “The relationship could not be changed because one or more of the foreign-key properties is non-nullable”
- Fixed: LAN-4476 Several issues in asset/user relation end date validation: end date marked as smaller than start date when it is not, spelling error in validation message
- Fixed: LAN-4551 Several issues with the feature gating for the Asset Radar feature: missing icon and missing gating message on certain pages
- Fixed: LAN-4554 The Add Enterprise Configuration popup under Configuration\Enterprise Options fails to load in Internet Explorer 11
- Fixed: LAN-3992 The following error sometimes occurs when performing a search using the asset search bar: “Index was outside the bounds of the array”
- Fixed: LAN-4038 The NetBIOS name of a Hyper-V guest asset is sometimes set to the machine’s display name in Hyper-V Manager instead of its actual NetBIOS name, resulting in errors upon rescanning the asset
- Fixed: LAN-4698 The XML list of tables, fields and views in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data is not up-to-date for Lansweeper 8.0
- Fixed: LAN-4050 Unnecessary dot next to the OS icons of LsAgent assets under Scanning\LsAgent Scanning
- Fixed: LAN-4276 When creating a new Windows event exclusion under Scanning\Scanning Targets, the input box to submit an exclusion comment is missing
- Fixed: LAN-4730 When disabling Asset Radar in the First Run Wizard and browsing to Scanning\Compatibility & Settings once the wizard is completed, the page indicates that the scanning server is incompatible with Asset Radar, even though no check has been performed yet
- Added: LAN-3893 Asset Prospector is a new, credential-free scanning feature that listens for assets within network traffic. It is particularly useful for discovering assets (e.g. rogue assets) that are only briefly present in your network.
- Added: LAN-3911 MIB Browser is a new feature that allows you to import MIB files for custom SNMP OID scanning. You can add OIDs from your MIB files to new or existing OID scanning targets.
- Added: LAN-3252 Silent install, uninstall and update support for the Lansweeper installer. Parameters can be passed directly in your CMD command or using an INI file.
- Added: LAN-3691 The Time Chart dashboard widget now includes several asset management reports in addition to help desk reports
- Changed: LAN-3843 The asset overview under Scanning\LsAgent Scanning now lists the version number of the LsAgent installation on each computer
- Changed: LAN-4492 To improve accuracy when a Lansweeper SQL Compact database is auto-converted to SQL LocalDB, the .sdf file to convert is now extracted from the existing database connection string
- Changed: LAN-3903 Turned the Check For Updates Now link under Configuration\Your Lansweeper License from an HTTP into an HTTPS link
- Fixed: LAN-4054 Active Directory user pages list domain\username at the top when they should be listing the user’s display name
- Fixed: LAN-3751 An ESXi server’s warranty information is removed when it is rescanned through its vCenter server
- Fixed: LAN-3827 An unclear error message is sometimes generated when scanning an AirWatch scanning target whose server URL is not an AirWatch URL
- Fixed: LAN-4083 An unnecessary merge comment is added to the Comments tab of Hyper-V guest assets after every rescan
- Fixed: LAN-3778 Asset count discrepancy between the IP Locations Overview widget and the report listing assets in IP location Undefined
- Fixed: LAN-3844 Asset delete errors related to database reference constraint FK_tblWindowsClusterNode_tblAssets
- Fixed: LAN-4069 By browsing directly to the relevant webpage URL, users without the Access Data Selection permission can still make changes to the performance scanning configuration, which should not be possible
- Fixed: LAN-2546 Editing and saving an existing asset/user relation comment, without changing anything, results in the comment being removed
- Fixed: LAN-4493 Errors in two built-in reports after a Lansweeper installation hosted in SQL Compact is automatically converted to SQL LocalDB during an update
- Fixed: LAN-3831 Errors when using the Truncate Logs button in the DatabaseMaintenance.exe tool
- Fixed: LAN-3859 Exchange user notes are sometimes trimmed and not fully written to the database, due to the database field being too small
- Fixed: LAN-2318 Extended warranty products of Lenovo assets are not scanned, resulting in an incorrect final warranty date for the asset
- Fixed: LAN-3830 If a Mac computer is not successfully scanned through SSH, hovering over the asset still shows the (empty) Config and Software tabs, which it shouldn’t
- Fixed: LAN-3800 If a software package on a Windows computer has no DisplayVersion but does have MajorVersion and MinorVersion registry values, LsAgent fails to scan the Major and Minor values as the software version
- Fixed: LAN-4446 If the automatic database conversion from SQL Compact to SQL LocalDB fails during a Lansweeper update and a fallback to SQL Compact occurs, some LocalDB files are inadvertently left behind in the Lansweeper folder
- Fixed: LAN-3837 Inconsistent browser tab name when viewing the Scan Time tab of asset pages
- Fixed: LAN-3826 Lack of server URL validation when importing AirWatch credentials from a .csv file
- Fixed: LAN-3698 Lansweeper does not fully scan a Microsoft Intune environment if it contains more than 1000 devices
- Fixed: LAN-4450 Lansweeper’s Easy Install mode lets you choose the desired web server, an option that should only be present under Advanced Install mode
- Fixed: LAN-3985 Mac computers scanned using LsAgent are misidentified as Linux computers and little of their data is displayed
- Fixed: LAN-3871 Manually created assets are not automatically added to the Default asset group as they should be
- Fixed: LAN-3822 Removing a Linux or Mac asset under Scanning\LsAgent Scanning in Lansweeper results in repeated, unsuccessful attempts to uninstall LsAgent on the client machine
- Fixed: LAN-4092 Running a performance scan on a report that includes assets only detected through SCCM causes the scan to fail with the following error: “Specified cast is not valid”
- Fixed: LAN-3698 Scanning Microsoft Intune environments sometimes fails with the following error: "An error occurred while executing the command definition"
- Fixed: LAN-4494 Scanning target statuses fail to update when scanning an Eventlog Only target, with the following error occurring in the background: “Specified cast is not valid”
- Fixed: LAN-4055 Several software scanning inconsistencies between LsAgent and agentless scanning, causing incorrect software history entries to be generated
- Fixed: LAN-3857 The following error can occur while scanning Active Directory users: “The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime”
- Fixed: LAN-3865 The following error can occur while scanning Linux sound cards: “StartIndex cannot be less than zero”
- Fixed: LAN-3521 The LsAgent service on Linux computers has a non-descriptive name
- Fixed: LAN-3839 The proxy server info text under Configuration\Server Options doesn’t mention all features that use proxy settings
- Fixed: LAN-2308 Toner information fails to scan for certain Brother printers, even though the data is available in the expected SNMP OIDs
- Fixed: LAN-4114 When an automated user cleanup option removes an old Active Directory user from Lansweeper, it fails to also clean up the user’s asset/user relations
- Fixed: LAN-3861 When disabling certain scanning targets of a specific type and then performing a Scan Now of said type, the web console incorrectly indicates which targets are in the scanning queue
- Fixed: LAN-2176 When dragging assets to a new location on a location map and then saving, the changes are sometimes lost
- Fixed: LAN-3902 When editing an existing Workgroup scanning target whose workgroup name contains a space, the edit popup fails to load
- Fixed: LAN-3825 When using multiple scanning servers, inconsistent phrasing of targeted servers in the Scanning Exclusions section of Scanning\Scanning Targets
- Fixed: LAN-4068 When using SQL Compact as the Lansweeper database server, the asset cleanup options under Configuration\Server Options sometimes fail to delete assets due to a conflict with reference constraint FK_tblLsAgentAsset_tblAssets in the database
- Fixed: LAN-4452 When using SQL Server as the Lansweeper database server, updating to Lansweeper 126.96.36.199 and then updating again to a more recent build, this can result in the scanning service no longer being registered in Windows Services