Before Contacting Technical Support
Lansweeper is updated regularly to allow our users to enjoy new features & bug fixes based on our community's valuable feedback. Therefore, before contacting Technical Support, we recommend taking the following steps:
Update Lansweeper to the latest version by following the steps in this guide. You can also find the latest Lansweeper installer right here.
Consult our extensive knowledge base, which covers how-to guides on all Lansweeper features and troubleshooting guides for common issues. Our knowledge base is available to you 24/7.
Review our Lansweeper Community, where you can find the answers to commonly asked questions or even ask questions yourself. Want to join our blooming community? Get access here.
Check our changelog to see all the additions, changes, and fixes implemented in the Lansweeper software.
Should you require support regarding licensing issues or non-technical post-sales questions, please get in touch with sales.
When Contacting Technical Support
All licensed customers & active, unlimited trial users receive support from our Support Team. Support is provided via email. Only customers on an Enterprise plan can schedule a call for severity one issues.
You can submit a support case in English from any valid business email address. To keep communication clear, we request that you send a separate mail per issue.
- All technical support issues and technical questions can be sent to [email protected]
- Should you require support regarding licensing issues or non-technical post-sales questions, please contact sales via this webform.
To ensure your technical support case can be dealt with appropriately, please provide the following information when sending an email to technical support:
In the subject line:
- A brief description of the problem needing technical support
In the email body:
- Your company/customer's name, business email address, and location
- Your partner's business name, contact name, and business email address (if applicable)
- Your license type, either active trial or paid subscription with contract number
- A detailed description of the issue with any troubleshooting steps taken, including
- Screenshots/short recordings of the issue
- To record: Open the Game Bar while you’re experiencing a problem by pressing the Windows logo key + G on your keyboard to capture videos and screenshots while issues occur.
- You can also use Windows Steps Recorder to help troubleshoot problems by recording the exact steps taken when the problem occurred to send to Lansweeper support for diagnosis.
- Use Windows Snipping Tool or ‘Snip & Sketch" (in Windows 10 & 11) to grab your screenshots.
- A screenshot of the "Configuration\Your Lansweeper License" section in the Lansweeper web console.
- Steps to reproduce the issue with all necessary information to allow the fastest possible resolution
- Include server log files:
- errorlog.txt, if present in "Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\", from the Lansweeper scanning server.
- web_errorlog.txt in "Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\App_Data" on the Lansweeper web server.
Technical Support – Terms of Service
Who is entitled to technical support?
- Customers with an active paid license.
- Customers with an active, unlimited trial key.
Updating your installation
It is recommended that you update your Lansweeper installation on a regular basis, to ensure that you have the latest
Scanning troubleshooting guide
Lansweeper can scan Linux, Unix, Mac and Windows computers, VMware servers and other network devices like printers, switches etc. Data
Service Level Objectives
We provide technical support services Monday through Friday, from 09:00 AM till 09:00 PM, Central European Time (CET), including during public holidays (worldwide), except for Christmas- and New Year’s Day. Central European Summer Time (CEST) will be used during the spring to summer months.
Lansweeper shall employ reasonable efforts to meet the below initial response times depending on your subscription plan.
Starter Support ⓘ
Initial Response Time for Severity 1 (High)
Within 12 Support Hours
Within 8 Support Hours
Within 4 Support Hours
Initial Response Time for Severity 2 (Medium) & 3 (Low) ⓘ
Within 48 Support Hours
Within 24 Support Hours
Within 12 Support Hours
Schedule Support Call for Severity 1 (High) ⓘ
Blended Support Team
Senior Support Team
Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 21:00 CET
Lansweeper support will determine the severity level of each technical support request.
By way of example, please refer to the table below.
The product application is down or a major part of the application is not functioning.
A malfunction in the product application which degrades the application performance or functionality, affecting your usage of the application.
Issues or questions with no or limited impact on the functioning of the product application.