If you are using the Remote Control tool linked on our website to give remote support to your users and find that the tool is laggy or not as responsive as you would like it to be, we recommend tweaking some of your settings. The Remote Control tool is based on UltraVNC, so the settings you'll be adjusting are general UltraVNC settings. To increase Remote Control's performance and refresh rate, do the following:
- Run lsremote.exe directly from the following folder on your Lansweeper server:Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions
- Hit the Options button and uncheck Poll On Event Only
- Connect to a client machine with Poll On Event Only unchecked. If you run lsremote.exe directly with this option unchecked and connect to a machine, this will ensure that the setting gets saved.
- Once you've connected, hit the Connection Options button at the top of the screen.
- Configure the connection options as shown below to increase Remote Control performance further.