Notification

Icon
Error

Scanning Methods - Active Directory User Path

Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:21:16 PM(UTC)
Ian.Prentice

Ian.Prentice

Member Original PosterPosts: 71
Hi Folks,

I would like to be able to scan the active directory user path at least once per hour (ideally every 30 minutes). At the moment, it looks like I can only set it up for once per day. Other than configuring multiple scan schedules for it, is there another way of doing it?

Thanks!
Ian
RKCar
#1RKCar Member Posts: 43  
posted: 10/11/2019 1:22:28 PM(UTC)
I looked and don't see any other way unfortunately. You may want to verify your scan length before proceeding with something like that. My AD User scan takes 62 minutes.
CyberCitizen
#2CyberCitizen Member Posts: 247  
posted: 10/14/2019 1:12:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ian.Prentice Go to Quoted Post
Hi Folks,

I would like to be able to scan the active directory user path at least once per hour (ideally every 30 minutes). At the moment, it looks like I can only set it up for once per day. Other than configuring multiple scan schedules for it, is there another way of doing it?

Thanks!
Ian

Have to use Active Scanning or schedule Multiple Scans.
Ian.Prentice
#3Ian.Prentice Member Original PosterPosts: 71  
posted: 10/29/2019 3:51:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CyberCitizen Go to Quoted Post
Hi Folks,

Thanks!
Ian

Have to use Active Scanning or schedule Multiple Scans.

Thanks, CyberCitizen. Active Scanning works ok for devices, but not for user accounts. I want to be able to scan for group membership changes for alerting purposes. The alerts work, but only on a daily basis.
Esben.D
#4Esben.D Member Administration Posts: 1,930  
posted: 10/30/2019 1:50:48 PM(UTC)
The only way to effectively set up an alert like that is by using a specially crafted report.

Reports alerts only send something when the report has information. So you could create a report alert that sends one out every minute, as long as the report will only contain info when you need to be alerted.

For example, a report that only shows new assets created in the last 10 minutes. Send the report alert every 10 minutes. If it's empty, nothing happens, but if a new asset was created, you get the alert.
Ian.Prentice
#5Ian.Prentice Member Original PosterPosts: 71  
posted: 11/1/2019 9:53:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Esben.D Go to Quoted Post
The only way to effectively set up an alert like that is by using a specially crafted report.

Reports alerts only send something when the report has information. So you could create a report alert that sends one out every minute, as long as the report will only contain info when you need to be alerted.

For example, a report that only shows new assets created in the last 10 minutes. Send the report alert every 10 minutes. If it's empty, nothing happens, but if a new asset was created, you get the alert.

ah! Yes. that's the answer!

Thanks Esben!
Ian.Prentice
#6Ian.Prentice Member Original PosterPosts: 71  
posted: 11/1/2019 12:05:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Esben.D Go to Quoted Post

ah! Yes. that's the answer!

Thanks Esben!

Sorry, jumped the gun there. The report will only send out info that has been scanned. if the accounts haven't been scanned in the last 12 hours for any changes, then the changes won't be reflected in the report. As far as Lansweeper is concerned, the groups haven't changed as the AD users haven't been re-scanned.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Check if Netbios is disabled over TCP/IP
by  CyberCitizen   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 2:35:37 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Change the Callto: link to Tel:
by  CyberCitizen  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 2:05:38 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Ticket Info Meter incorrect
by  pfalls  
Last post: Yesterday at 4:32:21 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper OS: Not latest Build of Windows 10 report
by  RKCar   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 3:08:52 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Windows Defender AV
by  Mikey!  
Last post: Yesterday at 2:48:54 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Allow Users and cc Users to edit ticket form field
by  eoinpryan   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 12:41:05 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Mobile App
by  jdvuyk  
Last post: Yesterday at 2:28:56 AM(UTC)