Active Directory User/Group Path is an agentless, scheduled scanning target suitable for scanning Active Directory users and Active Directory user and computer groups. Active Directory User/Group Path only scans AD users and AD groups, not computer objects.
Active Directory User/Group Path scanning targets allow you to scan an unlimited number of OUs in an unlimited number of domains for users and groups and to specify a separate scanning schedule for each OU. To submit a target like this for scanning, hit the Add Scanning Target button in the following section of the web console and choose the Active Directory User/Group Path scanning type in the resulting popup: Scanning\Scanning Targets. If you have multiple scanning servers, there will be multiple configuration tabs on the Scanning Targets page, one for each server.
Active Directory User/Group Path settings
Below is an overview of available Active Directory User/Group Path options and settings. Each scanning target can be configured differently.
- Adsi Path: organizational unit (OU).Active Directory User/Group Path scans the (enabled) users in the OU you've submitted and any sub-OUs contained within. It also scans the user and computer groups within the OU.
- Domain (Netbios): NetBIOS name of the domain your OU belongs to.
- Description: custom description you can assign to the scanning target.
- Schedule: determines when (on which days of the week and at what time) the scanning target will be scanned.
- Enable: check/uncheck this box to enable/disable scanning of the scanning target.