Active Directory Computer Path is an agentless, scheduled scanning target that scans any Windows computers in the Active Directory computer container or OU specified by you.
You can submit an unlimited number of Active Directory Computer Path targets for scanning and specify a separate scanning schedule for each. To submit a target like this for scanning, hit the Add Scanning Target button in the following section of the web console and choose the Active Directory Computer Path scanning type in the resulting popup: Scanning\Scanning Targets. If you have multiple scanning servers, there will be multiple configuration tabs on the Scanning Targets page, one for each server.
Active Directory Computer Path settings
Below is an overview of available Active Directory Computer Path options and settings. Each scanning target can be configured differently.
- Adsi Path: computer container or organizational unit.Active Directory Computer Path imports any enabled computer objects whose operatingSystem attribute is blank or includes the words "Windows" or "Hyper". It does this for the CN/OU you've submitted and any sub-OUs contained within. Objects whose operatingSystem attribute is not blank and does not include the words "Windows" or "Hyper" are considered non-Windows and passed off to the same scanning procedure used by the IP Range scanning targets. These non-Windows assets are scanned as if they were submitted for scanning as part of an IP Range target.
- Domain (Netbios): NetBIOS name of the domain your computer CN/OU belongs to.
- Description: custom description you can assign to the scanning target.
- Schedule: determines when (on which days of the week and at what time) the scanning target will be scanned.
- Enable: check/uncheck this box to enable/disable scanning of the scanning target.