cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrojas
Engaged Sweeper
Dear Friends, I need to confirm the Access Level to the KnowledgeBase for Regular users or for agentes users. We need that regular users can see some information related to their functions like some tecnical hint before request a support. In the other hand we have some internal department like IT, Security, HR and need that only each member can their category. I was doing some test and cant get this configuration. it is no posible or i was doing something wrong?. If not maybe will be a future request?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Correct, as far as access for normal helpdesk users goes, you can choose which KB articles they can see, but there is not way to say only certain helpdesk users can see a certain category. It's because helpdesk users are not grouped or tagged in any way, so there is no way to distinguish between them.

For agents, you can say that HR agents can only view HR articles etc.
Viper
Engaged Sweeper II
Thats only if they are helpdesk agents, correct?
You can only make articles available to all users or not.
There is no way to filter to regular users.
If the HR users only need access to HR KBs but not to the same KBs that the Security users have access to.

I think that is the question being asked, or is it?

KB Permissions for Users (Non Agents)

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
This knowledgebase article contains information about the permissions of knowledgebase article.

Should be possible what you're aiming to do as long as you have your teams set-up.