cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rorders
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

Is there a way to make KB categories only be accessible to certain users who are not agents?

I saw in Knowledgebase > Knowledgebase Options I was able to control whether all users had or did not have access to a specific article category but I didn't see a way to make a group or to manually assign view permissions to a certain KB category, if the user was not an part of an agent team.

I would like to post some information that only pertains to certain users but they are not agents.
10 REPLIES 10
goga_m
Engaged Sweeper
I would also love to see this feature!
zblack
Engaged Sweeper III
I'd like to see this as well. Higher level categories/articles should only be accessible by the Admins/Helpdesk and not users. User directed categories/articles should be all they can see and would consist of simple fixes.

They don't need to see how to fix the registry, for example.

WitheringSilenc
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi everyone,

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for this feature as well.

Thanks
MeilleursAgents
Engaged Sweeper
Yes we would need this too
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Hi Folks,

this is something I would also like to see - not sure if any progress has been made on this since it was first asked for in 2016, but this would be extremely helpful to allow us to manage access to knowledgebase article categories for staff members who are not Lansweeper agents or helpdesk agents.

Like most companies, we have teams that want a central knowledgebase store, but can't have other teams viewing their articles. this can be due to things like HR processes, or even teams working for external clients where NDA's are agreed.

If this is now possible, can someone tell me how we do it, and if not, can one of the Lansweeper team give an update on whither this is likely to happen and if not, I can start to look for alternatives for the knowledgebase.

Thanks!
Ian
MHScripts
Engaged Sweeper II
+1
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Currently you can only hide a category for all users or show it to all users. There is no user or team specific restriction for non-agents.
rorders
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there a way to hide KB Knowledgebase categories for non agents?

I'd like to be able to control KB access for non agents either via a group and/or individual permissions. Something similar to how you setup an agent teams permissions but for these users they don't need the ability to add/edit KB articles or answer tickets.

I'd want to post an emergency contact list to a special KB category that only certain people have access to.
Viper
Engaged Sweeper II
rorders wrote:
Is there a way to hide KB Knowledgebase categories for non agents?

I'd like to be able to control KB access for non agents either via a group and/or individual permissions. Something similar to how you setup an agent teams permissions but for these users they don't need the ability to add/edit KB articles or answer tickets.

I'd want to post an emergency contact list to a special KB category that only certain people have access to.

This is a feature I would like to see as well.
If this could be based on Active Directory groups, that would be better.
Certain users would need access to advanced articles or would not need access to articles that do not pertain to their department.