Old Lansweeper releases allowed you to install the Lansweeper web console under the UltiDev web server. As UltiDev has known bugs and performance issues, it is generally recommended that you move your web console to IIS or IIS Express if you are still using UltiDev.
To move the web console to IIS or IIS Express, do the following:
- Determine which database server (SQL Compact or SQL Server) you're using by verifying whether the file below exists on the server hosting your database. If this file exists, you're using SQL Compact. If it doesn't, you're using SQL Server.Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\SQLData\lansweeperdb.sdf
- If your Lansweeper database is hosted in SQL Server and you never configured your own custom database password before, do so now by following the instructions in this knowledge base article.
- If you added any documents, images or widgets to Lansweeper, back up these files. Information on which Website subfolders store which data can be found in this knowledge base article.Do not back up the entire Website folder. Only back up the specific subfolders you need. Backing up and restoring the entire Website folder can lead to issues.
- If it exists, create a backup copy of the following file as well:Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Key\Encryption.txt
- Uninstall UltiDev. There should be an uninstall option in the Start menu of the server hosting your web console.
- Run the Lansweeper installer, hit the Next button and hit I agree to accept the license agreement.
- Select New installation, hit Next and then select Advanced install
- Tick New Lansweeper Website and, depending on which database server is hosting your database, tick SQL Compact or SQL Server as well. Hit Next afterwards.Do not tick New Lansweeper Database or New Lansweeper Service. If you do, the Lansweeper database and/or service will be reinstalled as well. If you reinstall the database, all your scanned data and settings will be lost.
- If your database is hosted in SQL Server, point the installer to your existing SQL instance and hit Next. You can connect to the instance with the lansweeperuser SQL user and the database password you configured earlier.
- Select the web server you'd like to install the console under. Selecting Recommended will install the web console under IIS Express, selecting Advanced will install the web console under IIS. The Advanced option will only be available if IIS is already enabled on your computer. Instructions for enabling IIS can be found in this knowledge base article. Optionally, you can choose a custom HTTP and (if offered by the installer) HTTPS port to install the web console under. If you don't choose custom ports, the installer will automatically select the first available ports for installation. Hit Next to continue.
- Optionally, you can choose a custom folder to install under. Hit Install to start the installation process. The web console will be installed under the web server of your choice and your preferred ports. It will connect to the existing database server (SQL Compact or SQL Server) specified by you.
- Stop your web server service in Windows Services
- Restore the Website subfolders and Encryption.txt file you created a backup of earlier.
- If your database is hosted in SQL Server, run the following tool on your Lansweeper server and click through any warnings about your database password being incorrect:Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Tools\ConfigEditor.exe
- As the web console reinstallation will have added a random password to the web console connection string, change the database password in the Website tab to the one you configured earlier, if your database is hosted in SQL Server.
- Restart your web server service in Windows Services.