Lansweeper data, reports and settings are stored in a database, which is hosted in either Microsoft SQL Compact or Microsoft SQL Server. Any built-in or custom Lansweeper reports are in fact SQL queries that are run on your SQL database. If you find a SQL query on the Lansweeper.com website that you would like to add to your own Lansweeper installation, you can do so in just a few easy steps.
To import a SQL query as a report into your installation, do the following:
- Browse to the following section of the web console to open the report builder: Reports\Create New Report
- Replace the default SQL query at the bottom of the report builder with the one you want to import.
- Give your report a title at the very top of the report builder.
- Wait for your SQL query change to apply, if it hasn't already. You'll see the new query be applied in the upper section of the report builder, both in the visual representation of tables and in the expression list.
- Hit the Save & Run button. The SQL query is now executed on your database and the report results are displayed.
- Optionally, export the report results or perform other actions on the report with the buttons on the left. You can also filter the report further within the report results, using the boxes above each column.