If you're unsure what your domain's DNS or NetBIOS name is, do the following:
- On a Windows server with Active Directory Domain Services or Remote Server Administration Tools installed, open your Start menu and select Run.
- In the input box, type dsa.msc and hit OK.
- You should now be looking at your Active Directory Users and Computers configuration window.
- Right-click your domain in the left pane and choose the Properties menu item.
- Your domain's full DNS name is the first name listed in the General tab. Domain DNS names generally contain a period.
- Your domain's NetBIOS name is the pre-Windows 2000 entry in the same tab. Domain NetBIOS names generally do *not* contain a period.