cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonbrink
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

Just upgraded from Lansweeper 3.5.1 to version 3.5.2 and I am running into some issues after copying the new files to the appropriate locations. I am getting the following:

Server Error in '/lansweeper32' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Any help is appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14
jasonbrink
Engaged Sweeper III
I think I know what I did. I copied over the new thumbimage.dll and renamed the old one thumbimage.dll_old and I just removed that and I am now working. Thanks!
jasonbrink
Engaged Sweeper III
I copied the new web.config and now getting :

Server Error in '/lansweeper32' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not load file or assembly 'Thumbimageold' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Thumbimageold' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Thumbimageold' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Thumbimageold' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +211
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +141
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +25
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +32

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Thumbimageold' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +596
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +3479049
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +46
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +177
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +180
System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +347
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +125
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +525
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +448

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Thumbimageold' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +57
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +612
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +456

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Thumbimageold' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3426855
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +149

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please find the updated web.config file attached
i_kulgu
Champion Sweeper
Jasonbrink,

I had the same error, just add on the security tab group "Everyone" and give it full access.
Do this for all the files you replace.

Right click on the file and choose properties.
Go to security and click "Add"
Add the group "Everyone"
Give "Full control" on the permissions tab.

It sould work after you give the full control.

Edit: if this doesn't work, restart your LansweeperService.exe.
jasonbrink
Engaged Sweeper III
I just attached it, I had to make it a zip file as it wouldn't let me attach just web.config - thanks
jasonbrink
Engaged Sweeper III
How do you want me to send the web.config file to you?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
jasonbrink wrote:
How do you want me to send the web.config file to you?

You can click "attach" after you made a post
jasonbrink
Engaged Sweeper III
I must be stupid, I am getting:

Line 1: <configuration><appSettings><add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm"/><add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=SUPPORT02;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper32;User ID=lssqluser32;Password=mysecretpassword0*"/><add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer"/><add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value=""/><add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value=""/><add key="dateformat" value="dd/MM/yyyy"/></appSettings><system.web><compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true"><assemblies><add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/><add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/><add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/><add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies></compilation><httpHandlers><remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/><add verb="*" path="*.asmx" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory" validate="false"/><add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/><add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/></httpHandlers><httpModules><add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/></httpModules></system.web>
Line 2: "<customErrors="Off"></customErrors>
Line 3: </configuration>
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
remove "<customErrors="Off">" from where it's now and place it after <system.web>