Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindner
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
we have installed the latest version v. 8.3.100.23
Since the scan of the sccm works fine (we scan it on 3am in the morning),
the "last seen" entry of all windows assets is the date/time when the sccm server was scanned (3am),
and not the real scan date of the active scan or the lspush scan.

Is this a bug or a wrong setting?

Andreas
4 REPLIES 4
ian_midgley
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi, I am having the same issue and have also turned off SCCM scanning for the same reason but would like to have it on so we can maximize the value of our investments in lansweeper and SCCM. SCCM keeps a number of independent timers for when devices check in with SCCM such as when they request policy, do a client heartbeat, or upload hardware or software scan results. Devices that don't check in can go inactive exactly the same way they do in lansweeper. The problem with SCCM scanning is that lansweeper doesn't seem to base it's lastseen timestamp on any of these timers. An my case all devices that are in SCCM were updated in lansweeper with the timestamp that the lansweeper server queried SCCM. This is patently absurd as if the device hasn't been seen by SCCM for over a month we don't want lansweeper saying it has been seen in the last few minutes. Can the logic here be changed, or can we be given a check button to just say do not update the lastseen timestamp on anything relating to the SCCM scan?
KrisNelson
Champion Sweeper
We disabled SCCM scanning as well because of this exact reason.

-Kris
Lindner
Engaged Sweeper III
Hallo,

no, we disabled the SCCM Scan....
jwhitmer
Engaged Sweeper
Lindner wrote:
Hello,
we have installed the latest version v. 8.3.100.23
Since the scan of the sccm works fine (we scan it on 3am in the morning),
the "last seen" entry of all windows assets is the date/time when the sccm server was scanned (3am),
and not the real scan date of the active scan or the lspush scan.

Is this a bug or a wrong setting?

Andreas

We are seeing the same issue. It makes sorting reports based on "last seen" time pointless. This has many side impacts including database cleanup for inactive assets. I'm tempted to disable the sccm scan so I can get a more accurate scan time, even though I lose some visibility.

Have you had any success getting this fixed?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now