Notification

Icon
Error

Installer: Result: Deployment ended: No more data is available - How to deal with installer that launch sub process and exit immediately

Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 4:52:43 PM(UTC)
Claude Chouinard

Claude Chouinard

Member Original PosterPosts: 2
Hi,

I am trying to configure a installer for AutoCAD, the problem is that the setup.exe launch a background process and exit immediately. The installation will eventually be completed successfully but Lansweeper will report "Result: Deployment ended: No more data is available"

How should I deal with those kind of installer with Lansweeper? I still want to trap other failure condition.

thanks
Brandon
#1Brandon Member Posts: 175  
posted: 1/28/2021 5:20:14 PM(UTC)
Is a prerequisite software being installed before Autocad is being installed? If so is this software in the same folder as the autocad software? Just an idea.

Originally Posted by: Claude Chouinard Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I am trying to configure a installer for AutoCAD, the problem is that the setup.exe launch a background process and exit immediately. The installation will eventually be completed successfully but Lansweeper will report "Result: Deployment ended: No more data is available"

How should I deal with those kind of installer with Lansweeper? I still want to trap other failure condition.

thanks

Claude Chouinard
#2Claude Chouinard Member Original PosterPosts: 2  
posted: 1/28/2021 9:09:00 PM(UTC)
The setup program install multiple applications. The process for creating a unattended installation is quite complex and create a whole directory structure with multiple files.

In the end, the software install correctly, it`s just the setup program that exit after few second with no status, the actual install is running in background and this is confusing Lansweeper.

I am also checking with AutoDesk for a solution (like a parameters on the setup to run in foreground) but no success so far.
CyberCitizen
#3CyberCitizen Member Posts: 451  
posted: 2/1/2021 2:01:23 AM(UTC)
I have had no issues with AutoDesk products but you do need to use the installer to create an installer for remote deployment.

"C:\Windows\Temp\AD.Navisworks.2020.Install\Img\setup.exe" /W /q /I AD.Navisworks.Freedom.2020.ini /language en-us

This is one I was using for Navisworks and had no issues.
efriggen
#4efriggen Member Posts: 4  
posted: 10/21/2021 1:56:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CyberCitizen Go to Quoted Post
I have had no issues with AutoDesk products but you do need to use the installer to create an installer for remote deployment.

"C:\Windows\Temp\AD.Navisworks.2020.Install\Img\setup.exe" /W /q /I AD.Navisworks.Freedom.2020.ini /language en-us

This is one I was using for Navisworks and had no issues.

I had the same problem as CyberCitizen.
I saw that you had /W inbetween, so I used that in my command line and now I get a deployment successfull.
I wanted to reply this, just in case other users have this problem.

Active Discussions

Action CVS download of AD user info
by  Don   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 11/24/2021 7:09:56 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Password last set
by  gbhsmis  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 11/5/2021 8:59:46 PM(UTC)
Action List IP Configuration Data
by  Don   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 11/4/2021 4:35:06 PM(UTC)
Action View users membersof
by  Don  
Last post: 11/4/2021 3:46:45 PM(UTC)
Action Remote Uninstaller
by  Gahbiche   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 11/4/2021 3:35:07 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Updating Active Directory User fields
by  Don  
Last post: 11/2/2021 8:21:46 PM(UTC)
Action Powershell Remote Shutdown with Different Creds
by  Wealthyreltub   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 9/14/2021 9:43:09 PM(UTC)
Action Find lost space the easy way (spacesniffer.exe)
by  tomscott2340  
Last post: 9/1/2021 8:22:48 PM(UTC)