cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuart_white
Engaged Sweeper II
Well our IT Team had some fun on the last few days before the holidays, pranking some of our users. My contribution to this was to play a fart noise on selected users machines, yes I am very mature. You could obviously adapt this too play a more sensible sound that could potentially be more useful. If you guys have any suggestions let me know, also if you have any better pranks please share.

To achieve this copy the following Files/Directory to your actions directory

Google Drive Files

The action,

{actionpath}\SilentCMD {actionpath}\Fart.bat {computer} {actionpath}

Icon,
You can copy the fart.png to your website\actions\ directory to allow you to set the icon to a nice wee green fart cloud.

Comments,
Basically the runs a batch file, that creates a sound dir on the users machine, copies the mp3 and player to this directory, then runs the mp3 player pointing to the sound file.

The Batch File looks like this,

rmdir \\%1\c$\Sound /s /q
Xcopy /E /I %2\Sound\*.* \\%1\c$\Sound\
%2\PsExec.exe \\%1 /accepteula C:\Sound\cmdmp3 c:\sound\fart-01.mp3

Disclaimer
Obviously be careful who you send a fart to they might not find it funny
1 REPLY 1
Ed_dy
Engaged Sweeper
Nice one! I had a good laugh with this one.

This is a quick one I made at home. Although it is not an action, its a deployment package.

Using the built-in change wallpaper deployment, I modified it so that it takes a screenshot of the desktop of a computer and replaces the desktop wallpaper with that screenshot. It's great to see people totally confused as to why they have duplicate icons or can't select/use an shortcut.

The deployment package and files needed are found in the attached zip file.

Steps for using it:
  1. Import the package
  2. Add the scripts to your PackageShare\Scripts folder (It uses the built-in wallpaper.vbs script but I added it anyway, just in case)
  3. Deploy the package on an asset
Do note that the user will need to log out and back in, or the computer needs to be rebooted for the wallpaper to take affect. For maximum effect, you can schedule the package at night with WOL so that when the user logs in the next day, it's all set.

Same warning as above, use with care. I wouldn't deploy this to your entire company 😉

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now