cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dogeron
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi,

I've used Lan Sweeper for a long time now and its a great asset management tool, though one of the thing it could really use is some real-time monitoring and alerting.

I'm not talking anything fancy here just having the potential to monitor a device on a choice of standard ports (perhaps 6 or 7), draw a topology map (or two) and take some action(s) on an alert.

Like I said nothing fancy and over bloated just something simple and robust.

A good example was Didyma (which can be here https://houtriet.home.xs4all.nl/Didyma/Download/ ) from my old XP days but which is unfortunately appears to be no longer maintained.

But it gave you monitoring of the following ports :

• ICMP
    POP3
  • TCP
  • URL
  • SMTP
  • SNMP
  • DNS

Anyone else agree?

Dog.

5 REPLIES 5
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
real time would be nice but even a map that can be created from the data switches return of what is connected to them in come kind of widget would be nice.
AZHockeyNut wrote:
real time would be nice but even a map that can be created from the data switches return of what is connected to them in come kind of widget would be nice.

you can view what is connected to a switch asset, but only in a list view, did you know?

pseudo real time monitoring, for example alerting when a new device is connected to the network (see arpwatch), could be very very (very) useful, there is no need to make something complex only a simple mac address whitelisting and alerting when a match is not found, of course it should work at a lower level then ip osi if possible.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Real time monitoring features, including alerting and a network map have been requested before and are already on our customer wishlist. We've added your feedback to our internal feature tracking system. This is a feature we're very interested in, but it is also a complex feature to incorporate. At this moment in time we don't yet have an estimated release date for these monitoring features.

Thank you for your feedback.

I think that the real missing component in LanSweeper is an alerting layer, this great software is a inventory (and a lot more) tool, but it hasn't real time alerting features.

If you are not interested in a real time monitoring you can use scheduled deployment to execute some script, and collect data in some way but of course this is not so simple.

Anyway I'm very interested in this topic.

It is already possible to set up alerts based on scanned information using the email/directory alert feature, which is explained in this article. Though this isn't "live" data, but rather data as of the last scan. You could theoretically set up very frequent scanning for certain critical assets, and report on certain scanned values for these assets with a custom report. You could for instance create a report that would list assets out of a certain selection that failed their last scan, which would indicate that they may be offline.
Michaelzip0
Engaged Sweeper III

any update on this? is it just still on the wish list?

ufficioced
Champion Sweeper
I think that the real missing component in LanSweeper is an alerting layer, this great software is a inventory (and a lot more) tool, but it hasn't real time alerting features.

If you are not interested in a real time monitoring you can use scheduled deployment to execute some script, and collect data in some way but of course this is not so simple.

Anyway I'm very interested in this topic.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now