Notification

Icon
Error

Help Desk Workflow - How to Generate Emails for replies

Posted: Monday, January 23, 2017 10:27:53 PM(UTC)
adamsuth

adamsuth

Member Original PosterPosts: 1
Are ticket dispatching rules only set for new tickets only, or should they also work for replies sent to existing tickets. I can only seem to get them to work for New tickets.

I am trying to make a workflow for approving tickets. So far this is what I have:

The Project Manager sends an email to our Lansweeper mailbox with the Subject 'Change Request'. Ticket dispatching has a rule to assign to Approvers Team and set the state Pending Approval. This works.

I want another email rule, that when someone in the Approvers Team replies to all with a keyword (#Approved or #Denied) the ticket is updated to a new status (Approved/Denied) and assigned to the ticket originator.
Karel DS
#1Karel DS Member Lansweeper Developer Administration Posts: 202  
posted: 1/27/2017 1:56:20 PM(UTC)
Dispatching rules will only work for new tickets created when emailed. This might be extended to tickets created on the website in the near future. A workflow system is in the pipeline, but development for this hasn't started yet.
hutchins79
#2hutchins79 Member Posts: 4  
posted: 9/19/2017 5:23:52 PM(UTC)
Any update on workflow/approval process wishlist?

Workflow would be great for onboarding new employees.

Approval process would also be worthwhile for Asset Tracking.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

iflyvfr
#3iflyvfr Member Posts: 4  
posted: 9/22/2017 8:51:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hutchins79 Go to Quoted Post
Any update on workflow/approval process wishlist?

Workflow would be great for onboarding new employees.

Approval process would also be worthwhile for Asset Tracking.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Just had a meeting w/ our corporate trainer and HR an hour ago on our onboarding. Workflow would be awesome. We need to be able to publish a list of email distro lists and have the hiring manager choose which ones the user requires on Day 1.
miketrike
#4miketrike Member Posts: 36  
posted: 9/26/2017 2:46:43 PM(UTC)
Simple approvals would be a fair start. i.e. Is this ticket approved to work on, because it's actually a service request... New ID's, new PC or whatever...

I'm still waiting for more dispatching rules. i.e. Assign this ticket to an asset automatically for example...

Technically you can use an external email forms system to send tickets into the helpdesk on submission, that could then trigger workflow (dispatch) actions upon receipt...

Just sharing random a.m. thoughts...
ChristerT
#5ChristerT Member Posts: 2  
posted: 8/30/2018 2:56:28 PM(UTC)
One year has passed now, and I can't find any updates on this request. Anoyone who have found a workaround? Our purchase order system is costing us $3000 a year, and it's overkill because I only need a simple approval function.
ChristerT
#6ChristerT Member Posts: 2  
posted: 8/31/2018 8:29:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Karel DS Go to Quoted Post
Dispatching rules will only work for new tickets created when emailed. This might be extended to tickets created on the website in the near future. A workflow system is in the pipeline, but development for this hasn't started yet.

One year has passed now, and I can't find any updates on this request. Our purchase order system is costing us $3000 a year, and it's overkill because I only need a simple approval function.
brianraley
#7brianraley Member Posts: 30  
posted: 4/7/2020 10:21:43 PM(UTC)

Has development started working on the workflow system for the helpdesk functionality to aid with on-boarding of new employees and getting approvals based upon departments and a hierarchy of managers? Or where are we in the queue - how soon?
lswanson
#8lswanson Member Posts: 1  
posted: 8/6/2020 11:12:21 PM(UTC)

We would like to implement some workflow rules in to our New User onboarding process also. Any updates regarding if/when the workflow system is coming?

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Lansweeper Not Opening After Update
by  Terry1337   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 7:36:40 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper different outgoing email-address for different teams
by  Brandon  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 7:10:53 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper List all admin accounts with their last logon for all computers
by  LawGar   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 3:36:22 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Limit Assets for users
by  Maikel Vanroelen  
Last post: Yesterday at 2:23:37 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Help Desk not disabling for regular users?
by  EVKazantcev   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 9:24:25 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper LSPUSH and Group Policy
by  HurricaneDave  
Last post: 9/21/2020 10:15:12 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper How to see additional info columns on Asset Groups
by  virtualnik8   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 9/21/2020 7:40:41 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Certificate status & end dates
by  doone128