cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dledger
Engaged Sweeper III
We just loaded Dameware Remote support and Central Server Trial onto our server running Lansweeper. I have set up a Custom action in Lansweeper to launch the Dameware remote support tool from lansweepers asset page and it works great as long as I am logged directly into the Server that runs lansweeper. If I launch Lansweeper from my computer using the web interface I get an error when trying to launch the action item. The error code is 8007000F.

I know there are a bunch of Dameware/Lansweeper users out there so I am wondering if any of you have seen this error and can tell me what I am doing wrong.
12 REPLIES 12
Nirmal
Engaged Sweeper
dledger wrote:
We just loaded Dameware Remote support and Central Server Trial onto our server running Lansweeper. I have set up a Custom action in Lansweeper to launch the Dameware remote support tool from lansweepers asset page and it works great as long as I am logged directly into the Server that runs lansweeper. If I launch Lansweeper from my computer using the web interface I get an error when trying to launch the action item. The error code is 8007000F.

I know there are a bunch of Dameware/Lansweeper users out there so I am wondering if any of you have seen this error and can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to integrate Dameware with Lansweeper, I already installed dameware on my local machine, and copied the program files to the lansweeper server actions. Could someone please advice on next steps?

ykarami
Engaged Sweeper
I have a question,

I like that you can add a DameWare action in LanSweeper. But is it possible to attach the username being used to log on into Lansweeper in the action command? {username} is for the user connected to the computer you are trying to remote into.

I'm trying to automate this process so when you click on DameWare, it will automatically take you to the computer without the need of putting your username and password since you're logged into Lansweeper already.
Youssef Karami wrote:
I have a question,

I like that you can add a DameWare action in LanSweeper. But is it possible to attach the username being used to log on into Lansweeper in the action command? {username} is for the user connected to the computer you are trying to remote into.

I'm trying to automate this process so when you click on DameWare, it will automatically take you to the computer without the need of putting your username and password since you're logged into Lansweeper already.

Is the username the same as the Windows user or different? If its the same as the Windows user you could try %USERNAME% but otherwise I don't believe you can call the logged on user of LS etc.
CyberCitizen wrote:
Youssef Karami wrote:
I have a question,

Is the username the same as the Windows user or different? If its the same as the Windows user you could try %USERNAME% but otherwise I don't believe you can call the logged on user of LS etc.

Yes, same username
If that is the case you should be able to use %USERNAME% being a windows system variable.
CyberCitizen wrote:
If that is the case you should be able to use %USERNAME% being a windows system variable.

I am trying to integrate Dameware with Lansweeper, I already installed dameware on my local machine, and copied the program files to the lansweeper server actions. Could someone please advice on next steps?
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
No worries, brother, I've done stupid stuff before too! HA
dledger
Engaged Sweeper III
I feel like such a noob. The executable needs to be in a shared folder for it to launch from a remote computer using the web interface. Instead of creating a new share I ended up moving the dameware files to the actionpath share. Now it works like a champ.
dledger wrote:
I feel like such a noob. The executable needs to be in a shared folder for it to launch from a remote computer using the web interface. Instead of creating a new share I ended up moving the dameware files to the actionpath share. Now it works like a champ.

You can also reference the local install of the software.

Eg I use IntelliAdmin which is installed locally on my machine, however in the AssetPages I just reference the local install "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelliAdmin5\Client5\IntelliAdmin.exe" HostName={smartname} WatchMode=TRUE