cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackmoonwolf
Engaged Sweeper III
LsAgent-osx_8.4.100.43.dmg - "The disk image is corrupted"

I attempted to install LsAgent-osx_8.4.100.43.dmg on two different Mac systems that were just upgraded to Mac OS Monterey (12.0.1).

Both reported that the disk image is "corrupted". Other disk images are mounting correctly on both machines.

My assumption is that there is an issue with the disk image and Monterey? An MD5 checksum check matches your site's MD5 hash 100%.

Please investigate.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikolaas
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
We've received a couple of similar support cases over the past few days. We can confirm that there is an issue for the moment running the .dmg LsAgent installer on Mac OS Monterey, be it on an Intel or an M1 chipset.

We've escalated this to our developers so they can investigate further. Once a root cause is determined a fix will be added in a future release. When a fix for this issue is added it will be referenced as LAN-11502 on the page below.

https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog/

As a temporary workaround, you can mount the LsAgent installer using hdiutil and install by doing the following:

In Finder, go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
Go to the download pad of the LsAgent dmg file
Mount that file using hdiutil attach LsAgent-osx_8.4.100.43.dmg
After mounting the file, you should have the mounted image in Finder from where you can start the installer:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blackmoonwolf
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for the reply. Your workaround works well enough for now. I was able to install the LsAgent. (Though I'm still getting scanning errors for this particular machine for some reason... "Not Scanned" for OS column. But that's a separate issue.)

Thanks.
Nikolaas
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
We've received a couple of similar support cases over the past few days. We can confirm that there is an issue for the moment running the .dmg LsAgent installer on Mac OS Monterey, be it on an Intel or an M1 chipset.

We've escalated this to our developers so they can investigate further. Once a root cause is determined a fix will be added in a future release. When a fix for this issue is added it will be referenced as LAN-11502 on the page below.

As a temporary workaround, you can mount the LsAgent installer using hdiutil and install by doing the following:

In Finder, go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal
Go to the download pad of the LsAgent dmg file
Mount that file using hdiutil attach LsAgent-osx_8.4.100.43.dmg
After mounting the file, you should have the mounted image in Finder from where you can start the installer:
DCon wrote:

I just saw this today and it looks good to me now.
LsAgent Mac 8.4.100.43 MD5 checksum b39aa0ca8bc1b031a54bad39574056db (08 Nov 2021)
Fixed: LAN-11502 Running the LsAgent installer on macOS 12 Monterey results in the following error: “The disk image couldn’t be opened. The disk image is corrupted”

Thanks for the fix on LAN-11502!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now