Notification

Icon
Error

Installer: Result: Deployment ended: No more data is available - How to deal with installer that launch sub process and exit immediately

Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 4:52:43 PM(UTC)
Claude Chouinard

Claude Chouinard

Member Original PosterPosts: 2
Hi,

I am trying to configure a installer for AutoCAD, the problem is that the setup.exe launch a background process and exit immediately. The installation will eventually be completed successfully but Lansweeper will report "Result: Deployment ended: No more data is available"

How should I deal with those kind of installer with Lansweeper? I still want to trap other failure condition.

thanks
Brandon
#1Brandon Member Posts: 175  
posted: 1/28/2021 5:20:14 PM(UTC)
Is a prerequisite software being installed before Autocad is being installed? If so is this software in the same folder as the autocad software? Just an idea.

Originally Posted by: Claude Chouinard Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I am trying to configure a installer for AutoCAD, the problem is that the setup.exe launch a background process and exit immediately. The installation will eventually be completed successfully but Lansweeper will report "Result: Deployment ended: No more data is available"

How should I deal with those kind of installer with Lansweeper? I still want to trap other failure condition.

thanks

Claude Chouinard
#2Claude Chouinard Member Original PosterPosts: 2  
posted: 1/28/2021 9:09:00 PM(UTC)
The setup program install multiple applications. The process for creating a unattended installation is quite complex and create a whole directory structure with multiple files.

In the end, the software install correctly, it`s just the setup program that exit after few second with no status, the actual install is running in background and this is confusing Lansweeper.

I am also checking with AutoDesk for a solution (like a parameters on the setup to run in foreground) but no success so far.
CyberCitizen
#3CyberCitizen Member Posts: 451  
posted: 2/1/2021 2:01:23 AM(UTC)
I have had no issues with AutoDesk products but you do need to use the installer to create an installer for remote deployment.

"C:\Windows\Temp\AD.Navisworks.2020.Install\Img\setup.exe" /W /q /I AD.Navisworks.Freedom.2020.ini /language en-us

This is one I was using for Navisworks and had no issues.
efriggen
#4efriggen Member Posts: 4  
posted: 10/21/2021 1:56:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CyberCitizen Go to Quoted Post
I have had no issues with AutoDesk products but you do need to use the installer to create an installer for remote deployment.

"C:\Windows\Temp\AD.Navisworks.2020.Install\Img\setup.exe" /W /q /I AD.Navisworks.Freedom.2020.ini /language en-us

This is one I was using for Navisworks and had no issues.

I had the same problem as CyberCitizen.
I saw that you had /W inbetween, so I used that in my command line and now I get a deployment successfull.
I wanted to reply this, just in case other users have this problem.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Marking/Flagging VIP Customers
by  C Johnson   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 11:43:22 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Office 2016 key scanning
by  WaldoIT  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 3:40:41 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Configuring SSL in IIS Express issue
by  saffo   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 9:57:31 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper MDM Jamf School
by  Eugene  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 12/3/2021 6:21:44 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper HTTPS not secure