Notification

Icon
Error

Device Duplicates

Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:39:14 PM(UTC)
Sanca

Sanca

Member Original PosterPosts: 1
I have firewalls on 2 different locations, in each location we do an Ip scan to detect.

After the scan for location 1 is completed device_1 is added.
But after the scan location 2 is completed device_2 is added but device_1 is removed.
When the scan for the first location is completed again device_1 is added and deice 2 is removed.
And so on.

In the comments for the device I found:
[MERGE] Removing duplicate asset with id 3236 and unique <unique IP > while scanning <unique IP>, writing to asset with id 1431 and unique <mac> instead. Merged asset with asset unique <mac> and MAC address <mac> into asset 3236 with asset unique <(unique IP 1> and MAC address .

I found out that Lansweeper on both devices detects the same mac address which is used as unique key for both devices, so only 1 is visible.

I tried to delete both devices and add them 1st manual without Ip and Mac info, both devices had an unique random created unique key value. But as soon as i scan one of the devices it changed the unique key of the entry back into the mac address.

Any suggestions how to solve this?
FrankSc
#1FrankSc Member Administration Posts: 165  
posted: 7/31/2020 3:49:36 PM(UTC)
Hi,
Lansweeper will indeed merge 2 devices together that hold the same MAC Address.
You can add the duplicate MAC address to the table tsysmacblacklist, this will allow both devices to exist with the same MAC address. Replace '00:00:00:00:00:00' in the query with the MAC of these devices.
After that the 2 devices should not merge any longer.

Quote:
INSERT INTO tsysMacBlacklist (Mac, Comment) VALUES ('00:00:00:00:00:00', 'Firewall')
GO
UPDATE tsysupdate SET MacBlacklist = GETDATE()
GO
Ian.Prentice
#2Ian.Prentice Member Posts: 76  
posted: 7/23/2021 11:33:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FrankSc Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
Lansweeper will indeed merge 2 devices together that hold the same MAC Address.
You can add the duplicate MAC address to the table tsysmacblacklist, this will allow both devices to exist with the same MAC address. Replace '00:00:00:00:00:00' in the query with the MAC of these devices.
After that the 2 devices should not merge any longer.

Quote:
INSERT INTO tsysMacBlacklist (Mac, Comment) VALUES ('00:00:00:00:00:00', 'Firewall')
GO
UPDATE tsysupdate SET MacBlacklist = GETDATE()
GO

Sorry for resurecting this old post.

I think this is what may be causing me issues. We hot-desk using docking stations. Usually, I see the manufacturer of the Macbooks as "Belkin" or a Macbook being listd as a windows machione. it appears that the MAC address of the dock may be being using instead of the Mac address of our Macbooks. The same Macbooks can also connect via On-site Wifi, remotley through a VPN, or from our staff's own docking stations at home - which I believe is also casuing duplication. I have had so much trouble for a long long time with incorrect information / duplicates and Macbooks going missing from the asset list. this would explain it at least. Not sure if there is anything I can do to resolve it?

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Upgrade Win 10 build to version 2004
by  CyberCitizen   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 12:11:55 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Sort Reports by Last Changed
by  LANGuy  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 7:02:23 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Windows Encryption Method
by  elKastr0nom   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 6:02:07 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Built in report - AD Password Expired