cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

I would like to be able to deploy a package on an asset/group/report and have it run one time successfully after scanning.

My recommendation is to be able to schedule a deployment and have it run after scanning, and stop deploying after success. So it would deploy one successful time to each asset in the group/report. If the deployment failed, I would like it to re-deploy after scanning the next time.

In my case, using a dynamic group will not work because there isn't anything that will change on the device after the deployment runs.

Thank you for your consideration.
5 REPLIES 5
NetMage
Engaged Sweeper II
LANSweeper is tracking the status of deployments per PC already - it should be easy to add an option to exclude PCs that have a successful deployment. Perhaps a custom report could be done based on this?
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Yes, a report or a dynamic group is the way to go when possible. In my current case I can't do that because I want to run a script to repair the AV install. Lansweeper shows it installed, but my AV console shows problems.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Your deployment could also write a registry key to indicate it has run or hasn't run, they with the registry / file scanning report on that and then deploy.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I also had a similar request. The way I have been able to complete this task is using a report on the specific software.

Just recently Google Chrome needed to be updated to a version later than 72 due to a security exploit. Using the reports I had a report looking for a certain version of Google Chrome, if less than 7.2 then it would display on the report. Then using scheduled deployments I was able to queue the upgrade package. Once it installed it re-scanned and was no longer on the report.
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Received this reply to my email request:

Thank you for contacting Lansweeper support.

The 'After Scanning' deployment is indeed intended more for dynamic groups, to make a change based on newly scanned information, whenever it is detected. It's currently not possible to configure an 'After Scanning' schedule to run only once (succesfully). We've marked this ticket as a feature request. Features on the customer wishlist are prioritized based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. As such we can unfortunately not guarantee this will be implemented or provide you with an expected release date.

Note that you can configure a deployment to retry when it fails. This way, you could launch a one-time deployment, configuring it to try again only on those assets where it fails. This cannot be configured to run after a scan unfortunately.

I can get most of the way to my intentions using this advice.
There is a "Retry during" option that goes out to 1 week. So the deployment will retry for up to a week. This will work for some instances but not for all. If you did this on a large deployment you could easily use up your deployment threads and essentially stop all deployments. Use sparingly.