Notification

Icon
Error

Remote IT Asset MGMT during the Covid-19 Crisis

Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:02:26 PM(UTC)
Esben.D

Esben.D

Member Administration Original PosterPosts: 1,982
Hi Everyone,

In light of recent events with the COVID-19 virus, we want to do our part in relieving some of the pressure. This sudden shift puts an immense of pressure on IT departments that have to quickly adjust to a complete remote workforce.

Our dedicated blog post is full of resources that can help you manage this crisis, take a look: https://www.lansweeper.c...ing-the-covid-19-crisis/

I've created this topic to provide a place where you can share tips, tricks and resources that you have found useful while adjusting. Here are some to start with:

If you have a report, tips, other resources or questions? Let us know below!
GetOffMyWAN
#1GetOffMyWAN Member Posts: 3  
posted: 3/26/2020 10:53:03 AM(UTC)
Hi, I actually have a question sorta related to this.

I'm part of a smaller business that doesn't use O365. So we don't have Teams and I'm looking for a rather inexpensive online meeting tool. Before this comes up, I tried Team's free thing they advertise, but it doesn't work here in Portugal for me.

I tried Zoom, but found it lacking. I thought about Slack, but that uses zoom... Lastly, I checked out Discord. While it works well, I can't share my camera when going 'live'. It seems this only works during private calls. Which I guess it my best option at the moment.

Anyone have a suggestion?
BorishuV
#2BorishuV Member Posts: 1  
posted: 3/26/2020 11:36:33 AM(UTC)
GetOffMyWAN
#3GetOffMyWAN Member Posts: 3  
posted: 3/26/2020 11:59:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BorishuV Go to Quoted Post

Thanks I'll take a look at it. I actually think I've heard of this before. It sounds familiar.

Other suggestions are still welcome Angel
Lucb
#4Lucb Member Posts: 1  
posted: 3/26/2020 1:38:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GetOffMyWAN Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I actually have a question sorta related to this.

I'm part of a smaller business that doesn't use O365. So we don't have Teams and I'm looking for a rather inexpensive online meeting tool. Before this comes up, I tried Team's free thing they advertise, but it doesn't work here in Portugal for me.

I tried Zoom, but found it lacking. I thought about Slack, but that uses zoom... Lastly, I checked out Discord. While it works well, I can't share my camera when going 'live'. It seems this only works during private calls. Which I guess it my best option at the moment.

Anyone have a suggestion?

we use webex actually like nearly all of our providers. Work great in all web/app/pc/mac/ios...
Florian_Eigsi
#5Florian_Eigsi Member Posts: 13  
posted: 3/26/2020 1:56:21 PM(UTC)
Hi, we are a engineering school so we have a free G Suite Account.
We use meet, so teacher can still give classes to our studient.
This solution is not free for the others https://gsuite.google.fr/intl/en/pricing.html
CyberCitizen
#6CyberCitizen Member Posts: 359  
posted: 3/27/2020 12:16:47 AM(UTC)
We use Skype for Business or MS Teams.

Both have been working well for us. We have had a few recommend Zoom as that is what others are using.

If you are wanting dedicated video conferencing with decent quality then Zoom is pretty good as that is what they are focused on. For collaboration, we like Teams as its more of a working together piece.

Cisco WebEx is also one that floats around a bit but the Google Hangout Meet looks good.

https://gsuite.google.co...ntl/en_au/products/meet/

Ideally, you only need a few key people with an account eg those that are hosting the meetings.

We originally got the request everyone in the business needs video conferencing. Then we looked at it, it was only about 20% that actually needed it. The remaining 60% just join the meetings and the remaining 20% would never use it.

Sometimes it helps to just stop and take a breath. Re-assess in these mad times.
GetOffMyWAN
#7GetOffMyWAN Member Posts: 3  
posted: 3/27/2020 2:54:16 PM(UTC)
Thanks guys! I think I've got plenty of options to take a look at now.

Esben.D
#8Esben.D Member Administration Original PosterPosts: 1,982  
posted: 4/2/2020 1:14:27 PM(UTC)
A quick update, we've published a second blog post with new resources. This time they are focused on cyber security.

Are there any other reports that might help out you and/or others out? Please don't hesitate to let us know. If we can help a lot of you with a specific report, we will certainly look into it!
Ferhat YILDIZ
#9Ferhat YILDIZ Member Posts: 1  
posted: 4/9/2020 11:15:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GetOffMyWAN Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BorishuV Go to Quoted Post

Thanks I'll take a look at it. I actually think I've heard of this before. It sounds familiar.

Other suggestions are still welcome Angel

free https://meet.jit.si/

Active Discussions

Lansweeper NOT doesn't work as expected
by  KevinA-REJIS   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 5:49:29 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Combined Vulnerability Report Q1 2019
by  Leslie Stroobant  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 3:27:42 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper All Devices with WINS Service Running on the Network
by  Andy.S   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 2:44:56 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Physical Laptops and Desktops Only
by  pryan67  
Last post: Yesterday at 1:51:56 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Assistance With AV & Bitlocker Report
Last post: Yesterday at 12:50:47 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Count of completed KB installation Report
by  jamie21  
Last post: 6/4/2020 11:49:57 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper local admin users of a specific device
Last post: 6/4/2020 10:42:23 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Bitlocker Report not contain all computers
by  Andy.S  
Last post: 6/3/2020 6:20:53 PM(UTC)