cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
I use lsagent on Windows 7 & 10 64-bit client machines. Today I installed v. 7.1.100.16 on the scanning server and as the agents check in, I've lost part of software inventory.

It appears that all 64-bit applications are reported as being uninstalled, leaving only 32-bit applications in the Lansweeper software inventory of those machines.

Has anyone else seen this too?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
A new hotfix has been released for the LsAgent issue.

You can download it here: https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
vrocher
Engaged Sweeper II
Esben.D wrote:
We just released a new version of both Lansweeper and LsAgent.

LsAgent will update automatically after you've update the main Lansweeper installation.

The Lansweeper update can be downloaded here: https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/

Updated Lansweeper to v. 7.1.110.5 and LsAgent to v. 7.1.110.1 .

Deployed the new LsAgent and "LsAgent Scanning" still forgets 64 bits softwares.

Do we have something else to do?
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
Rocher Vincent wrote:

Deployed the new LsAgent and "LsAgent Scanning" still forgets 64 bits softwares.

I'm still seeing the same behavior too. The same software is missing and software discovered via WMI is being removed when the agent checks in.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It's a shame it's taking longer than expected, but I've been told we're close to releasing it. I know it's frustrating for the people who are relying on data from LsAgent.
David_Skjaerpe
Engaged Sweeper II
No doubt LS is a good product, but to release a new "version" with a bug (and a fairly annoying bug at that); and not being able to provide a fix within a reasonable time is unforgivable.

In addition when support reply "we are aware of the issue, and will release a fix in the next version or two..." - that immediately prevent me to recommend the product to other people.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I do agree, the fix has taken to long. But I wouldn't let that discourage you from Lansweeper its a fantastic product when it works, all software have their issues / quirks. This is one of the main reasons we run a version behind for software, to prevent issues like this. In your case, it hasn't helped for for a small to medium business where SCCM is to costly or to much support work, LS fits in nicely.
stiwa
Champion Sweeper
Any ETA on the fix? It's almost a month now.
stiwa wrote:

One of the reasons I don't upgrade to the latest version until others have tested it 😛

Means you miss out on some new features but miss out on all the bugs big and small.

I believe it is scheduled for the next big release, however I would be getting everyone to email support regularly to push the interest in getting it fixed sooner rather than later, as its a big issue for an Inventory System to be missing alot of apps.

I would like to see some more reporting around Windows 10 Store apps as well.
CyberCitizen wrote:
stiwa wrote:

...its a big issue for an Inventory System to be missing alot of apps...

I was in the trial period touting Lansweeper as a viable solution for inventory management.

This bug hasn't cast my advice on implementations in the greatest light and honestly, Lansweeper itself too. 🙂

I feel other similar systems would have rolled an update by now to revert what broke, even if that's the only included fix.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Yeah, for servers, it goes off of software installation... which you have to watch out for, considering sometimes uninstallations leave things in add/remove programs... or, the program exists but is not actually running...

so what I do is also check for the necessary services for true determination of antivirus - and you then can make reports on if the services are running or not, or you could use running processes...

hope that helps, because that's the best way to tell with lansweeper as far as I know...

jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
Something more to add to this, I have the LsAgent on all of my Windows servers and they are now showing as no antivirus installed. I have the LsAgent on all of my Windows PCs and they are showing an antivirus as being installed.