cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opekta
Engaged Sweeper
To whom it may concern:

I feel at a loss here, because I'm used to being able to contact technical support directly, when I have questions or problems with a purchased product. So, I'll go ahead and post my issue on this forum, but it seems an odd way to address concerns that are specific to one customer.

I just purchased the Premium Edition on Friday, and my immediate concern is that the License Key I received does not work. After entering my Registration Code in the Lansweeper Console and clicking the Validate License Code button, I get the following error:

License code not valid

NOTE: I first received a "String or binary data would be truncated" error message, but then I removed a carriage return in the first line.

I just contacted CleverBridge customer support in Chicago (866-522-6855) to report this issue. They told me I need to contact Lansweeper's technical support. After reminding them there only appears to be this forum, they said someone at CleverBridge would send an email request to Lansweeper for a new License Key.

I'm not used to paying $200 per year for a product without having phone or email access to technical support representatives. I'm new to Lansweeper, but am I missing something here?

By the way, my Reference Number is 5116556.

Sincerely,

Terry Lee
4 REPLIES 4
lhawk
Engaged Sweeper
I have nothing but high praise for LS support. When you post to the forum they answer within 12hr. All the options and features you get for $200, I couldn't think of complaining. This product is so helpful it has replaced a inventory system that was costing $10k a year in support. Thanks LS. 🙂
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Just for the record, the Lansweeper user is not always one person.

We don't want to search for excuses but the new lansweeper 3.5 release gave more problems than expected and some issues needed some more investigation than normal.
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
I fully understand what you are talking about with the way support works for Lansweeper. My company also was not in favor of this type of support when looking over my report to suggest buying it.

However, the way I see it, if we pay so (relatively) little for a good and highly useful application, a cut needs to be made somewhere. Lansweeper it’s self for most people is a highly stable application that rarely needs support. From my impression most posts are to tweak various features or problems with RPC/WMI.

On top of that, the person named Lansweeper on these forums is the Lansweeper developer, so unlike calling Symantec, we don’t have to jump threw hoops with various levels of techs searching databases for the answers which I personally have come to dread.

I would also like to point out that Lansweeper (the Dev) seems to check the forums every day of the workweek multiple times a day.

Just the way I see it.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Terry,

Please check your mailbox for an answer to your problem.

A solution to this problem can be found in this thread:
http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst1254_String-or-binary-data-would-be-truncated.aspx

We prefer a public forum so everyone should be able to search for resolutions to common problems and share information, howto's, and suggest new features.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now