cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hans_Deubelbeis
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

We can not install the Lansweeper Services. We tried several different ways. We also applied a dedicated user called Lansweeper with Administrator policies and rights. All recommended Installation and settings were Done. dotNetframe 2.0 and SQL Express 2.0 including the Management utility are installed as described in the Lansweep installation guide.

The installation runs and almost at the end the error report below occurs.

Lansweeper service install
Error (SC) CreateService FAILED 1057: The account name is invalid or does not eist, or the password is invalide for the account name specifiedLansweeper service install
Error (SC) StartService: OpenService FAILED 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

The Lansweeper services is not shown and therfore not installed. Has anybody the same experience and maybe an idée how to solve the problem.

Thank for respond

Hans
7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Were you able to solve this problem?
Naushad
Engaged Sweeper
I have been using the installer from the lansweeper website. I just tried the new installer but still same results. But the server that I am installing it on is on the DMZ. I was able to install it successfully on a server thats on the inside of the DMZ. I did not get the errors 1057 & 1060. This time I used the network admin credentials (domainname\username) when I was asked for the service credentials. I even tested the lsclient.exe and received a successfull connection.
I am now going to setup a new server, place it on the network behind the DMZ and install again. Hopefully I wont have any problems!

Thanks for your help,
Naushad
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is somebody willing to give me remote access to a server that is failing?
Then I can try to debug and see what is causing the problem.

It seems that only some people are affected by this problem.
dashtu
Engaged Sweeper
Good day, I think I might be having a similar issue. I posted here:

http://forum.lansweeper.com/yaf_postst567_Logon-failure-error-during-installation.aspx

I followed the directions for editing the SQL settings prior to installation but during the install it still will not accept any username and password for installing the service.

I downloaded the latest installer but it still will not work. I can get the Database and Website to install flawlessly but not the service.

Of note, I am running VMWare on this server but I'm attempting to install on the host, not on a virtual server. Also, I was previously running Spiceworks (craaaaaaap) but completely uninstalled it a few weeks ago.

And yes, I do believe that I am using the correct domain\username syntax.

Thx!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I've just uploaded a new installer, could you please test it.

Did you download the installer from the official site or from another site?
Naushad
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there...

I am getting the same error (Create Service Failed 1057) & (Start Service Failed 1060). I am putting the admin password to the server. I even tried installing on another server but same error.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The main problem seems to be the 1057 error:

C:\Documents and Settings\geertm>net helpmsg 1057

The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

C:\Documents and Settings\geertm>

Did you use "domainname\username"?