cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richmiller104
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
I have followed the installation document. The last step is to launch the browser. When doing so I am unable to access the page. Where have I gone wrong.

When browsing to http://SERVERNAME:PORT(8075) I get "You are not authorized to view this page"

When browsing to http://SERVERNAME/VIRTUAL DIRECTORY(LanSweeper)/default.aspx , I get Server Error in '/' Application. The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

The LanSweeperPRO service is installed and starts correctly. It is running with the lsscanner user account which has Domain Admins privledges.
My first thought is in the Web.Config, I modified the SQL login to use lssqluser. I have not created a username for lssqluser. I tried to modifiy this and use the sa account and to use the lsscanner account. Neither worked.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rich
17 REPLIES 17
xhen
Engaged Sweeper
done it!!! thank you!!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You could also change these settings:

You should clear "script source access"
Change scripts and executable to "scripts only"
xhen
Engaged Sweeper
Looking into the problem I discovered that My ISS didn't have registered Framework 2.0.50727 so I decided to register manually and finally all works, at least I can see the website...
this post has help me a lot:
http://forum.lansweeper.com/yaf_postst350_Password-required-to-enter-Website.aspx

I will keep with the configuration
xhen
Engaged Sweeper
I have got the same error but I don´t know what is the problem.
I've followed the guide step by step all wok perfect but when i try to browse the website always receive the same error:

My ISS server is in a Windows 2K3 R2 SP2 and is this:

These are the folder permissions:

but the most stranger thing is that the service is running correctly:

I don't know what to do or what to change to go ahead with this....

please can someone help me?
richmiller104
Engaged Sweeper
It was stating a login error. I modified the lansweeper30.exe.config and got a successful test.

Thanks again for your help.

Rich
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Your service must run on a different port than the website.
You can find errors of the service in file : errorlog.txt
richmiller104
Engaged Sweeper
I did change it in the config file. I just changed it back to 9542 and restarted the website and the lansweeer service. Still getting a failed connection attempt.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you didn't change the port it is still 9542

You can change the port in lansweeper30.exe.config file
richmiller104
Engaged Sweeper
That is what I'm doing. The service is installed on MSUTIL as well as SQL Express. If I would have changed the port, where would that be?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now