cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean-FB
Engaged Sweeper
Has anyone been able to create a script to use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant in order to upgrade the build version from 1909 to 2004?
5 REPLIES 5
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
That error code appears to relate to the Windows install failing, you might need to check the logs on why that it, but it appears to be a compatibility issue.

I use the following command when installing our upgrades.

"{PackageShare}\Microsoft\Windows 10 v21H1\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet /noreboot /DynamicUpdate disable /Compat IgnoreWarning

Basically, not rebooting the machine, so we can deploy in the background and when the user restarts then the upgrade applies.

That machine that failed the upgrade I would run the following program on it to extract the upgrade logs and see why it has failed.

SetupDiag.exe

I would also download CMTrace.exe to review the logs as it should make it easier to track down the errors and why the upgrade failed.
weblikepro
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for the reply. I have setup the timeout time higher (2 hours) and now I have another error message:

Result: Deployment ended: Unknown error (0xc1900208). Stop(Failure). Credential: (domain\Administrator). ShareCredential: (domain\lansweeper). Command: "\\FileServer\PackageShare\Installers\Windows10-2004-x64\x64\setup.exe" /auto upgrade /quiet

Please help
weblikepro
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

Every time I deploy this package I get this error:
”Result: Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (0sec). Credential: (mydomain\Administrator). ShareCredential: (Inventory\lansweeper).”

Any help will much appreciated.

Thank you
weblikepro wrote:
Hello,

Every time I deploy this package I get this error:
”Result: Package timeout reached. Stopping deployment executable: Successful. Timeout: (0sec). Credential: (mydomain\Administrator). ShareCredential: (Inventory\lansweeper).”

Any help will much appreciated.

Thank you

Check what account you are deploying with but also what your timeout setting is, as the install / upgrade is quite large and can take some time, I think I set mine for like 2hrs and 45 minutes as we sometimes deploy over VPN so the connection isn't as fast.
alexbeaumier
Engaged Sweeper II
Solution:
-Parameters:"{Packageshare}\Installers\Windows10-2004-x64\x64\setup.exe" /auto upgrade
-Windows currently installed language and downloaded ISO language have to be the same.

Ref: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst19742_Windows-10-Upgrade-to-2004.aspx#post63605

(I removed the /Quiet param as it is automatically done quietly).

I am also looking for a solution to fetch the OSLanguage (using the command: wmic os get oslanguage) so that I can use the correct installation that is correspondant to the original oslanguage.

Good luck,

Alex