cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bchybrd
Engaged Sweeper
How does LanSweeper determine the asset type "mail server"? I noticed we have 4 assets that are asset type mail server, yet none of them actually are, and our actual mail servers are not showing in that list. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Mark_Payton
Engaged Sweeper
Did you ever get an answer to this question? I am in the same boat, with numerous assets--all only listed by IP address under AssetName--reporting as Mail servers, even though the majority do not currently show up in our DHCP address list as active leases. A couple that do show up at one location are Sonos sound system devices and one is an iPad. I am still evaluating Lansweeper, so I don't know if assets once identified this way are removed when they no longer show up, or if they hang around perpetually.

I have just begun to research this to find out why things get this designation but the response to your query being "ask tech support" doesn't encourage me that this info will be easy to find.
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
Hi bchybrd,

I would recommend dropping an email to support@lansweeper.com. Our technical support team will be happy to assist you with further support regarding your inquiry.