cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
To add your assets' IP locations to a report, do the following:
  • Hit the pencil shaped edit button next to the report under Reports\View All Reports.
  • In the search bar in the left-hand pane. Search for IPlocation.
  • Double-click tsysIPLocations to add it to your report.

Add table

• Right-click on the link between tsysIPLocations and tblAssets, configure the link as shown below.

configure link

• Tick the IPLocation field in tsysIPLocations to add the field to your report.

add location

• Hit Save & Run to save your changes and view the report results. The final link between tblAssets and tsysIPLocations should look like this within your SQL query:

Left Join tsysIPLocations On tsysIPLocations.LocationID = tblAssets.LocationID
11 REPLIES 11
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Updated the post
mshajin
Engaged Sweeper III
This is a very useful thread. Please can this be updated as the image links are broken. Thanks.
dshu
Engaged Sweeper III
Is it possible for this to be updated for Lansweeper v7? The links are also broken atm.

Cheers.
Duncan_Miles
Engaged Sweeper II
Fantastic post! Thanks
vmathur
Engaged Sweeper II
I did, but that does not populate the name assigned to the "IP Location" into the report. Also, if i try and filter it by name usind the ='IP Location Name' , the report comes back with a "No Records Found" error.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
vmathur wrote:
I did, but that does not populate the name assigned to the "IP Location" into the report. Also, if i try and filter it by name usind the ='IP Location Name' , the report comes back with a "No Records Found" error.

Please verify whether your IP locations are set up correctly under Configuration\Asset Groups and that you've linked tsysIPLocations in your report exactly as shown in my initial post. The Link Properties should be exactly the same as in my post. Only then will your report results be accurate.
vmathur
Engaged Sweeper II
This is great. What i would also like to know is how to display the "Location Name" that is assigned to the IP Range locations to this report.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
vmathur wrote:
This is great. What i would also like to know is how to display the "Location Name" that is assigned to the IP Range locations to this report.

Tick the IPLocation field in tsysIPLocations, as shown in the last screenshot of my initial post.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
To limit the results to specific IP locations, add the following to the Criteria column for the tsysIPLocations.IPLocation expression, replacing what we've marked in yellow and leaving the single quotes in the syntax:

In ('First location name','Second location name')

Keep in mind that this is standard SQL syntax. We highly recommend familiarizing yourself with SQL, as this will make it a lot easier to build or modify reports. This forum topic lists some resources you can use.