Notification

Icon
Error

LSAgent Rescan Asset

Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 4:11:53 PM(UTC)
marck1024

marck1024

Member Original PosterPosts: 40
This issue has been solved! Click here to view the solution
The Rescan Asset task on the asset page is used quite a bit by IT staff to pick up changes they just made to the asset. I'm looking for ways to tighten up security and it has been noted that if LSAgent is used, administrative credentials are no longer needed by the scanning server. When LSagent is in use, is the Rescan Asset option smart enough that it will ask the agent to do a rescan instead of trying to do it the old way, which would require the scanning server to still hold administrative credentials?
Brandon
#1Brandon Member Posts: 117  
posted: 3/1/2021 7:56:38 PM(UTC)
The lsagent is supposed to run with no credentials. It scan the asset and uploads the data to the Lansweeper server. The IP scans are the ones that use the credentials that have been setup in the Lansweeper configuration.

This is from Lansweeper's site: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/lsagent/

"A program that automatically collects an inventory from the computer it's installed on and sends the data back to your Lansweeper installation, either directly or through our relay server in the cloud. Data is securely sent to the relay server over HTTPS (TLS 1.2), stored in an encrypted format and deleted once a scanning server has retrieved it."
marck1024
#2marck1024 Member Original PosterPosts: 40  
posted: 3/1/2021 8:01:45 PM(UTC)
I understand how LSAgent normally works. It runs once a day and uploads the results to the scan server, either directly or through the relay server.

What I was asking about is the "Rescan Asset" task that someone can run to manually from administration console scan an asset. Either it will be smart enough to ask LSAgent to do an immediate scan, or it would try to scan the old way by connecting with credentials. I'm hoping it's the former, but feat it is the latter.

marck1024
#3marck1024 Member Original PosterPosts: 40  
posted: 3/2/2021 6:46:48 PM(UTC)
I checked with support and confirmed. Rescan Asset won't take advantage of LSAgent. If admin credentials are not available to the scanning server, Rescan Asset cannot be used.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper Acknowlege from Alerts
by  Hilbers   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 7:55:38 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper LsAgent for Windows command line options?
by  Brandon  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 4:49:17 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper EmailLog.txt file become big in size
by  Ary Ahmed   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 4/18/2021 10:56:58 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper LsAgent.ini
by  Orion Poplawski  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 4/17/2021 4:49:12 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper LSagent force a scan
by  Orion Poplawski   Go to last post Go to first unread