cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I was able to get all the data when I ran the client file from my machine. However, when I log into a machine in the domain and let the lsclient.exe run with the login script I get computer name, ADUsername, and Software Installation data. Any ideas as to why I am not getting hardware information data or user information data?

Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you do a reverse lookup (ping -a ipaddress) to the ip address, not to the hostname.
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I can ping CLS-5RG4411 and I get the correct ip address (192.168.1.196).
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper connects to the client using the IP address from which the client connected.

Could you try a "ping -a ipaddress" to check if the reverse lookup resolves correctly.
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I think it might have something to do with computer naming in the domain. If the computer has been rebuilt and renamed on the domain, will it try to send back some results as a different machine? I do see some errors in the event viewer. Errors are from Kerberos and DCOM. The kerberos error is as follows:

"The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server CLS-5RG4411$. The target name used was RPCSS/cls-ay1w071.cls.local. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm (CLS.LOCAL), and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator."

The DCOM error is as follows:

"DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer 192.168.1.196 using any of the configured protocols."

However, when I run the test program from the server to this machine (cls-ay1w071, IP of 192.168.1.196) I get all OKs. The ones that fail use a target name of a computer that is no longer active on the domain.

Thanks
Seth
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I ran the program from the server and connected to each of the remote computers that are not working. I didn't get any errors using the tool. I really appreciate all your help.
Thanks again
Seth
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to run the program from your server (where the lansweeper service is installed) and connect to one of the remote computers with errors.

When you get this error, do you see anything in the eventviewer?
sethn
Engaged Sweeper
I used the connection test application and get result "OK" for all three tests. I tried it on all the machines that I do not have information for. Again, I am able to pull software information, but cannot pull hardware information in Lansweeper.
Thanks
Seth
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I've added a program "connectiontest" to the download page.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The software uses remote registry to get it's information.
The hardware info is gathered by WMI.