Notification

Icon
Error

<12345>
john_e_wagner
#60john_e_wagner Premium Users  
posted: 4/25/2011 6:09:28 PM(UTC)
Just an FYI to Server 2008 SR2 Admins.

.Net 3.5 SP1 is required and it is NOT default installed. You can not download this framework to install it, you have to add the "feature" to Windows 2008 via the server manager. Otherwise you get a nasty error message telling you have a system Core Error. This means the server is calling for .net and not finding it. It looks like:
Quote:

D:\Software\DellWarranty\1.7\UpdateDellWarrantyInfo.v1.7>UpdateDellWarrantyInfo.
exe -WarrantyInfo -verbose

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
embly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c56193
4e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c
561934e089'
at UpdateDellWarrantyInfo.Program.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
gging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
ion!EnableLog].

<http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlblog/archive/2010/01/08/how-to-install-net-framework-3-5-sp1-on-windows-server-2008-r2-environments.aspx>

Here is my config file for those of you connecting to a remote DB.

Quote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="connectionString" value="Data Source=SQLServerName;Initial Catalog=lansweeperdb;Integrated Security=True;Connection Timeout=400"/>
</appSettings>
</configuration>

Did this ever get anywhere on installing this to the LANSweeper new release, or did any one ever get the C source code for this?

JW
BendItLikeBednar
#61BendItLikeBednar Member Premium Users  
posted: 5/10/2011 10:44:52 PM(UTC)
bho wrote:
Hi, this tool is useful. Thank you so much.

May I know is there a similar machanism for Lenovo or HP? My environment has mixtured brand.

Thanks,

I'll echo the need for a Lenovo mechanism. If there was a way to strip out the first four of the type for the asseturl (type=4220 instead of type=4220UN5), that'd be ideal. Lacking an easy way to get the warranty info for the Lenovo computers is sad. :(
Corbett
#62Corbett Premium Users  
posted: 6/9/2011 5:54:02 PM(UTC)
I just found that Dell now has a web service that we can query for the warranty information. Anyone have the time to update the application to use the web service?

http://xserv.dell.com/se...?op=GetAssetInformation

Unfortunately I won't be able to do it unless the current way stops working.

Quote:
Did this ever get anywhere on installing this to the LANSweeper new release, or did any one ever get the C source code for this?

The c# source code is attached to the first post of this thread.
donglicao
#63donglicao Premium Users  
posted: 9/14/2011 3:08:14 PM(UTC)
Trying to download the files.
Paul van Eijk
posted: 11/4/2011 6:31:45 PM(UTC)
Hi All,

Can you tell me if this is working for the lansweeper version 4.2.0.54. If yes
where can I download the files. Is that the first page?

Greetings Paul
Paul van Eijk
posted: 11/4/2011 11:40:13 PM(UTC)
Hi All,

I just tried to use the UpdateDellWarrantyInfo version 1.7 with lansweeper version 4.2.0.54. It seems not to work.

C:\UpdateDellWarrantyInfo.v1.7>UpdateDellWarrantyInfo.exe -assetTag 2CJRL2J -verbose
4-11-2011 22:21:42*CON:Data Source=SERVER;Initial Catalog=
lansweeperdb;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=USER;Password=PASS;Connection Timeout=400
4-11-2011 22:21:42*SQL:SELECT TOP 1 Assetlink FROM tsysassetlinks WHERE (Vendor
LIKE 'dell%')
4-11-2011 22:21:43*URL:http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/em
ea/shared/support/my_systems_info/nl/details?c=nl&cs=nlbsdt1&l=nl&s=bsd&~ck=anav
ml&servicetag={assettag}
4-11-2011 22:21:43*SQL:SELECT Computername, IdentifyingNumber FROM tblComputerSy
stemProduct WHERE (IdentifyingNumber = '2CJRL2J')
4-11-2011 22:21:43+Query for: 115
4-11-2011 22:21:48 -Purchase Date: '1-1-0001'
4-11-2011 22:21:48 -Warranty Date: '1-1-0001'
4-11-2011 22:21:48*SQL:begin tran;update dbo.tblCompCustom with (serializable) s
et PurchaseDate=@pd, Warrantydate=@wd where computername=@cn;if @@rowcount = 0 b
egin insert into dbo.tblCompCustom (Computername, PurchaseDate, Warrantydate) va
lues (@cn,@pd,@wd) end;commit tran;

The information Purchase Date: '1-1-0001' and Warranty Date: '1-1-0001' is incorrect because it need to be Purchase Date: '20-11-2006' and Warranty Date: '20-11-2009'. But if I look at the website of Lansweeper and go to the service tag number 2CJRL2J the fields Purchase Date and Warranty Datehave not been filled-in.

Can someone tell me how to fix this please?

Greetings Paul

ChrisS
#66ChrisS Member Premium Users  
posted: 12/2/2011 12:31:19 PM(UTC)
The HP url that seems to work is:

Code:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/WarrantyResults.jsp?country=US&sn=ADD_SERIAL_HERE

is there a way that this script can be customised for HP, this would be a fantastic addition.

Thanks in advance
rgross@che.org
#67rgross@che.org Member Premium Users  
posted: 12/2/2011 5:39:30 PM(UTC)
I will second that request for HP support!
i3eaconlight
#68i3eaconlight Member Premium Users  
posted: 12/2/2011 6:56:30 PM(UTC)
BendItLikeBednar wrote:
bho wrote:
Hi, this tool is useful. Thank you so much.

May I know is there a similar machanism for Lenovo or HP? My environment has mixtured brand.

Thanks,

I'll echo the need for a Lenovo mechanism. If there was a way to strip out the first four of the type for the asseturl (type=4220 instead of type=4220UN5), that'd be ideal. Lacking an easy way to get the warranty info for the Lenovo computers is sad. :(

Also in need of some Lenovo support... I constantly get asked for Lenovo warranty status etc... would be VERY helpful to have this instead of trying to get the information from other sources... ;P
jrhessey
#69jrhessey Member  
posted: 12/8/2011 9:56:02 PM(UTC)
aparker.dfwhc wrote:
Whenever I run this (either on my Vista SP2 machine or on the Windows Server 2003 machine Lansweeper is running on), Windows pops up an error message saying the program is not responding and needs to close, and then in the cmd box it says:

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
an instance of an object.
at UpdateDellWarrantyInfo.Program.Main(String[] args)

It has all the latest service packs, .net 3.5, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I am getting this exact same error. Windows 7 64 bit box, .net 4 Framework Extended and Client Profile installed. Am I missing something else?
bpc
#70bpc Member Premium Users  
posted: 1/5/2012 11:39:43 PM(UTC)
This application is still working for us on lansweeper 4.2.0.56 despite Dell's recent redesign. It appears Dell is still maintaining the legacy version of the support site as well, but I imagine that won't always be the case. I also found this powershell script that would be a solid replacement, just need to modify the SQL commands for the lansweeper database. http://marcusoh.blogspot...dell-warranty-data.html

pcully
#71pcully Member  
posted: 2/8/2012 1:58:21 PM(UTC)
Hi All
New to this forum and have a question.
We have been running Lanseeper now for eighteen months with no problems.
As we are a predominantly Dell environment the warrant checking application has been a boon, however as of Monday we have all 800 odd purchase dates showing 05/11/11 and no warranty information.
Is this something that others are experiencing or has something broken?
Peter
staadmin
#72staadmin Member Premium Users  
posted: 2/8/2012 5:56:06 PM(UTC)
from What LS suppoort is saying, this appears to be an issue with the change of Dell's web site. When I run this tool the Purchase date is OK but the warranty date is showing as -Warranty Date: '1/1/0001' Anyone have any idea how to fix this tool to show correct Warranty date? Any help is appreciated!
sandve
#73sandve Premium Users  
posted: 2/15/2012 10:42:17 PM(UTC)
staadmin wrote:
from What LS suppoort is saying, this appears to be an issue with the change of Dell's web site. When I run this tool the Purchase date is OK but the warranty date is showing as -Warranty Date: '1/1/0001' Anyone have any idea how to fix this tool to show correct Warranty date? Any help is appreciated!

Here's a PowerShell script that will update the DB with info from Dells webservice.
Handles attachments
LS_DellWarrantyInfo.zip (2kb) downloaded 101 time(s).
ahahum
#74ahahum Member Premium Users  
posted: 2/20/2012 11:42:50 PM(UTC)
sandve wrote:
staadmin wrote:

Here's a PowerShell script that will update the DB with info from Dells webservice.

The script looks good! Thank you for posting it!

Anyone give me a tip on how to modify this to use the lansweeper database on a remote SQL server?

I'm not very acclimated to powershell yet...it's on the to-do list.

Thanks!
pdumbleton
#75pdumbleton Member Premium Users  
posted: 2/22/2012 10:01:31 PM(UTC)
ahahum wrote:
sandve wrote:
staadmin wrote:

The script looks good! Thank you for posting it!

Anyone give me a tip on how to modify this to use the lansweeper database on a remote SQL server?

I'm not very acclimated to powershell yet...it's on the to-do list.

Thanks!

I was able to change the code slightly to allow for connection to a remote sqlserver.

# Updates LanSweeper database with Dell warranty information
# Some code taken from http://poshcode.org/2482

Get-PSSnapin –registered
Add-PSSnapin SqlServerProviderSnapin100
Add-PSSnapin SqlServerCmdletSnapin100
Get-PSSnapin SQL*

cls
$SQLSVR = "Server\Instance"
$DB = "lansweeperdb"
$User = "username"
$Pwd = "Password"
$Query = "SELECT SerialNumber, Computername FROM lansweeperdb.dbo.tblSystemEnclosure WHERE LEN(serialnumber) = 7 AND Manufacturer LIKE 'Dell%'"

$SQLQry = Invoke-Sqlcmd -SuppressProviderContextWarning -ServerInstance $SQLSVR -Database $DB -Username $User -Password $Pwd -Query $Query

Foreach ($n in $SQLQry){
$SrvTag = $n | select -ExpandProperty serialnumber
$CompName = $n | select -ExpandProperty Computername

Write-Host
Write-Host
Write-Host $SrvTag ":" $CompName

$DummyGUID = New-Object GUID('11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111')
$AppName = "LS_DellWarrantyInfo.ps1"
$proxy = New-WebServiceProxy -URI 'http://xserv.dell.com/services/AssetService.asmx'
$proxy.GetAssetInformation($DummyGUID, $AppName, $SrvTag) | ForEach-Object {
$PurchaseDate = $_.AssetHeaderData.SystemShipDate
$WarrantyEndDate = get-date('02/23/1965')
Write-Host
Write-Host "Information for Service Tag" $_.AssetHeaderData.ServiceTag
Write-Host "Model:" $_.AssetHeaderData.SystemType $_.AssetHeaderData.SystemModel
Write-Host "Ship Date:" $_.AssetHeaderData.SystemShipDate.ToString('d')
$_ |
Select-Object -ExpandProperty Entitlements |
Select-Object -Property ServiceLevelDescription,Provider,StartDate,EndDate | ForEach-Object {
"{0,20}{1,-50}" -f "Entitlement:",$_.ServiceLevelDescription.Split(',')[1]
"{0,20} {1,-50}" -f "Provided by:",(% { if ($_.Provider -eq 'DELL') { 'Dell' } else {'Unisys'} })
"{0,20} {1,-50}" -f 'Starts:',$_.StartDate.ToString('d')
"{0,20} {1,-50}" -f 'Ends:',$_.EndDate.ToString('d')
if ($_.EndDate -gt $WarrantyEndDate) { $WarrantyEndDate = $_.EndDate }
}
Write-Host "Warranty End Date:" $WarrantyEndDate.ToString('d')
}
$SQLcommand = "UPDATE dbo.tblCompCustom SET Warrantydate = '$WarrantyEndDate', PurchaseDate = '$PurchaseDate' WHERE Computername = '$CompName' IF @@ROWCOUNT = 0 Insert into dbo.tblCompCustom (Computername, Warrantydate, Purchasedate) Values ('$CompName', '$WarrantyEndDate', '$PurchaseDate')"
Write-Host $SQLcommand
Invoke-Sqlcmd -SuppressProviderContextWarning -ServerInstance $SQLSVR -Database $DB -Username $User -Password $Pwd $SQLcommand
}

This worked for me.
jradcliffe
#76jradcliffe Member Premium Users  
posted: 2/27/2012 3:46:56 PM(UTC)
How / where do you run this? I am not familiar with Power-Shell at all, but would very much like to have our dell warranty information up-to-date again.
rddelossantos
posted: 3/5/2012 3:51:50 PM(UTC)
This script worked for me too. Thank you!
rddelossantos
posted: 3/5/2012 3:56:51 PM(UTC)
jradcliffe wrote:
How / where do you run this? I am not familiar with Power-Shell at all, but would very much like to have our dell warranty information up-to-date again.

Copy and paste the script on notepad and save it on your desktop with a .ps1 extention name. If you are using Windows 7, it has a built-in powershell which you can use. Right click on the xxx.ps1 (that you saved) and choose edit. It should open up a powershell editor. Change $SQLSVR = "sqlserver" to your SQL database server name. Also change $DB, $User and $Pwd with your database name, user account to login to DB and DB password respectively. Save it and in the editor itself there's a "play button" (green), click it and you'll see that there are results on the bottom pane.

Thanks.
dteague
#79dteague Premium Users  
posted: 3/5/2012 6:11:10 PM(UTC)
I keep getting this error...

Code:
The term 'Invoke-Sqlcmd' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script fil
e, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verif
y that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\Downloads\dell.ps1:16 char:24
+ $SQLQry = Invoke-Sqlcmd <<<< -SuppressProviderContextWarning -ServerInstance $SQLSVR
-Database $DB -Username $User -Password $Pwd -Query $Query
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Invoke-Sqlcmd:String) [], CommandNotFoun
dException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
:

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried this on both a Windows 7 machine, and a Windows 2003 SP2 box.
synergisadmin
#80synergisadmin Member Premium Users  
posted: 3/7/2012 3:49:00 PM(UTC)
I believe you have to download the SQL 2008 R2 Management pack and then the Feature Pack for PowerShell.

http://www.microsoft.com...laylang=en&id=16978 (Search on Power Shell and Management Tools for 2008 on that webpage)

EDIT - Confirmed you need

1) Shared Management Tool (for 2008)
2) PowerShellTools for SQL

Both can be found via the link above.

aeneal
#81aeneal Member  
posted: 3/8/2012 5:19:31 PM(UTC)
I'm having a similar issue that dteague is having. I get this error:

The term 'Invoke-Sqlcmd' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
verify that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\LS_DellWarrantyInfo\LS_DellWarrantyInfo.ps1:48 char:18
+ Invoke-Sqlcmd <<<< -SuppressProviderContextWarning $SQLcommand
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Invoke-Sqlcmd:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

Can someone help...I'm not that knowledgeable about Powershell scripts.
dteague
#82dteague Premium Users  
posted: 3/9/2012 4:37:18 PM(UTC)
synergisadmin wrote:
I believe you have to download the SQL 2008 R2 Management pack and then the Feature Pack for PowerShell.

http://www.microsoft.com...laylang=en&id=16978 (Search on Power Shell and Management Tools for 2008 on that webpage)

EDIT - Confirmed you need

1) Shared Management Tool (for 2008)
2) PowerShellTools for SQL

Both can be found via the link above.

Well, the issue I have is my SQL server is on the corporate SQL server, and I can't run scripts on it. When I tried to download these tools, it seems they wanted SQL server loaded on the computer I was running the script (they errored on the install because it could not find a local SQL server).
aeneal
#83aeneal Member  
posted: 3/12/2012 3:35:30 PM(UTC)
sandve wrote:
staadmin wrote:

Hello sandve

I downloaded the powershell script, however I receive the following error. Can you please help with this:

The term 'Invoke-Sqlcmd' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
verify that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\LS_DellWarrantyInfo\LS_DellWarrantyInfo.ps1:48 char:18
+ Invoke-Sqlcmd <<<< -SuppressProviderContextWarning $SQLcommand
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Invoke-Sqlcmd:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
Corbett
#84Corbett Premium Users  
posted: 3/21/2012 2:40:26 PM(UTC)
I rewrote the UpdateDellWarrantyInfo utility so it now uses Dell's web service rather than the support site. The download is attached to the first post of this thread.

Please note that I had to change the config file to store a reference to the web service.
dteague
#85dteague Premium Users  
posted: 3/21/2012 3:25:10 PM(UTC)
Corbett wrote:
I rewrote the UpdateDellWarrantyInfo utility so it now uses Dell's web service rather than the support site. The download is attached to the first post of this thread.

Please note that I had to change the config file to store a reference to the web service.

Tried and am not get it to work...

Windows 7 (My Client)
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in
correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.e
xe tool for more detail.

Windows 2003 (LanSweeper server)
The system cannot execute the specified program.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Corbett
#86Corbett Premium Users  
posted: 3/21/2012 3:35:55 PM(UTC)
dteague wrote:

Tried and am not get it to work...

Windows 7 (My Client)
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in
correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.e
xe tool for more detail.

Windows 2003 (LanSweeper server)
The system cannot execute the specified program.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Were you successfully running the old version of the utility? It requires .NET Framework 3.5. Do you have that already?

I also noticed that if you don't first edit the .config file with the correct SQL Server connection information you'll get an error that says "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
dteague
#87dteague Premium Users  
posted: 3/21/2012 6:15:27 PM(UTC)
Corbett wrote:
Were you successfully running the old version of the utility? It requires .NET Framework 3.5. Do you have that already?

I also noticed that if you don't first edit the .config file with the correct SQL Server connection information you'll get an error that says "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Yeah, the old one was working fine. I just checked, and .NET 3.5 SP1 (as well as 4.0) is installed.

Think
Corbett
#88Corbett Premium Users  
posted: 3/21/2012 6:49:22 PM(UTC)
dteague wrote:
Yeah, the old one was working fine. I just checked, and .NET 3.5 SP1 (as well as 4.0) is installed.

Think

I managed to get the same error on Windows 7 64bit: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side..." with an invalid .config file.

Double check the connectionString portion of the config file. It should be in the format of:
Quote:
<add key="connectionString" value="Data Source=SERVER;Initial Catalog=LSDB;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=SQLUSER;Password=SQLPASSWORD;Connection Timeout=400" />
substituting the appropriate settings from your environment for the bold portions.

If that doesn't solve it, look in the Application event log for clues.
aeneal
#89aeneal Member  
posted: 3/21/2012 9:04:56 PM(UTC)
It worked great!!!! Thanks Corbett...you're awesome!!
<12345>

Top Rated

1 Lansweeper Post here about your lansweeper setup.
by  Lansweeper  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: 6/13/2014 1:18:56 AM(UTC)
2 Lansweeper User-Inventory
by  jhache  
Last post: 11/14/2014 3:29:48 PM(UTC)
3 Lansweeper Unlock Password Customization
by  Hobbs13  
Last post: 7/26/2012 2:50:56 PM(UTC)
4 Lansweeper LS not pulling in corrected version of Visio/Project
by  ldellinger  
Last post: 12/4/2014 3:41:41 PM(UTC)
5 Lansweeper Lansweeper 5.2 (recent update)
by  MikeInLa  
Last post: 11/26/2014 9:57:29 AM(UTC)
6 Lansweeper Approve software only for certain PCs or Users
by  sarmo  
Last post: 11/13/2014 4:09:33 PM(UTC)

Active Discussions

Lansweeper IIS Express 8.0 64 Bit
by  Michael.V   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Today at 11:47:21 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Network Connection Speed
by  pharoz  
Last post: Today at 1:40:25 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Search using MAC Address
by  AdmJLovejoy   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 11:20:35 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Hardware reporting
by  RC62N  
Last post: Yesterday at 7:52:38 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Password last set
by  dteague   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 6:54:03 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Lansweeper detects the domain name incorrect
by  GMFDE  
Last post: Yesterday at 6:08:05 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper QR Code variable
by  wimmy   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 1:07:01 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Forum itself: copy reports with IE9 bugged
by  Mitch.V  
Last post: Yesterday at 11:31:46 AM(UTC)