cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sweept
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I need the latest/last Lansweeper documentation.pdf . (I know that there will be no new release of it and everything was integrated into online knowledgebase.) Can someone upload or send me the file?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
When you install Lansweeper, a link to the documentation is added to your Start menu. It's just a link though, which redirects to the knowledge base at this point; the documentation isn't stored locally.

As this topic is a week old, I'm going to move it to Old Lansweeper Questions. I would advise anyone to use the knowledge base and to not go looking for old versions of the PDF documentation. The PDF is hopelessly outdated at this point and will not be updated. I would also ask anyone to refrain from posting links to old documentation PDFs on the forum. We deliberately removed the PDF from our website to avoid situations like this where customers are confused by the outdated information contained within.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
When you install Lansweeper, a link to the documentation is added to your Start menu. It's just a link though, which redirects to the knowledge base at this point; the documentation isn't stored locally.

As this topic is a week old, I'm going to move it to Old Lansweeper Questions. I would advise anyone to use the knowledge base and to not go looking for old versions of the PDF documentation. The PDF is hopelessly outdated at this point and will not be updated. I would also ask anyone to refrain from posting links to old documentation PDFs on the forum. We deliberately removed the PDF from our website to avoid situations like this where customers are confused by the outdated information contained within.
sweept
Engaged Sweeper
Really nobody out there?

Btw: was the documentation.pdf a part of the Lansweeper-installer? Or has it always been a separate download? Don't remember
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I don't think the PDF was updated since the initial 5.2 *beta* release, which happened months earlier.
sweept
Engaged Sweeper
I'm not 100% sure but I think there was another release (5.2) when introducing deployment feature in the end of 2014! Would be great if someone could upload it.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Our support team doesn't have or hand out the PDF anymore, but perhaps another forum user can help. As you mentioned, we won't be releasing new versions of the PDF documentation, so using the knowledge base is highly recommended. I believe the latest PDF was from mid-2014, so a lot of its information will be outdated.