cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Hi !

I'm wondering why in some cases, after deploy a package using the run mode "Currently logged on" an empty console window (taskeng.exe) keeps open during the process. In the most cases this window appears just for a second.

It's a known issue ?

By the way, would be great if this taskeng.exe window was not visible because can be a bit annoying for the remote user.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mitch_V
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Apologies, it seems i misread your post.

When executing a program as the 'currently logged on' user, the installer/command/... will use the active desktop session to display its information, hence the flashing of the command prompt.

We will take look if there isn't a way of hiding this behavior completely.

Thanks

old reply here:
Hi,

You should look if there is a way to silent run this installer. In some cases you can just add a parameter for this in your command but that depends on the program. There is no other way we can control the behavior of third-party programs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Roym
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Guys,

Any update on this? I am having the same issue.

Thanks
crashff
Champion Sweeper
Perhaps they could change from the TASKENG program to PSEXEC for pushing install packages.

When I manually push installers using PSEXEC, the computer I'm pushing the install to will never see anything onscreen, even if the software doesn't have a silent installer mode (i.e. Ninite updater). It uses the program's internal completion code (0) to signal it's done.

The TASKENG is always visible, and if the installer doesn't have a silent mode, it becomes visible as well and doesn't close when completed if it needs user interaction. This is VERY bothersome if people are trying to work.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Development hasn't found an effective way to prevent the "flashing" behavior unfortunately.
1000ghz
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
it's my problem also.

Can we set a flag like "silent" mode for TASKENG?

Thx,
Enzo
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
In some cases, ex. when the command prompt is waiting for the command to finish, closing the window will result in a 'cancelled by user' action and abort the installation/command.
servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
Hi,

Thanks for re-check it, wish you luck on this task.

By the way, do you know if the remote user closes this taskeng.exe window will make appear as a failed deployment on Lansweeper logs?

Thanks
Mitch_V
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Apologies, it seems i misread your post.

When executing a program as the 'currently logged on' user, the installer/command/... will use the active desktop session to display its information, hence the flashing of the command prompt.

We will take look if there isn't a way of hiding this behavior completely.

Thanks

old reply here:
Hi,

You should look if there is a way to silent run this installer. In some cases you can just add a parameter for this in your command but that depends on the program. There is no other way we can control the behavior of third-party programs.