cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khog14
Engaged Sweeper II
I am just starting with LanSweeper. I love the fact that Dynamic groups exist - but when you look at the individual asset - it does not indicate what group(s) it's a member of other than the default or any static group you've made it a member of. I am creating dynamic groups now, but I want to check to make sure all the assets that SHOULD be in the dynamic group are actually a part of that.....some of my groups depend on fields that are manually filled in - what if I forgot to fill in the info in the manual field? The only way I can see to do it is to export the list to excel and compare it with the full list of assets and see if it appears - extremely time consuming.

Is there a report I can generate (I am not very good with SQL queries) I didn't see one in the built in reports.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
nmulvihill
Engaged Sweeper II
When you look at an asset page you should be able to see little tag of which group it is a part of. If not, the SQL to see what asset belong to a group is going to be as follows:
SELECT A.AssetName, A.IPAddress, AG.AssetGroup 
FROM tblAssets A, tblAssetGroups AG, tblAssetGroupLink GL
WHERE A.AssetID=GL.AssetID AND GL.AssetGroupID=AG.AssetGroupID AND GL.AssetGroupID!=0

This is assuming you do not want the 'Default Group'

If you want to know the groups of a specific asset:
SELECT A.AssetNAme, AG.AssetGroup 
FROM tblAssets A, tblAssetGroups AG, tblAssetGroupLink GL
WHERE A.AssetID=GL.AssetID AND GL.AssetGroupID=AG.AssetGroupID AND A.AssetID=XXX

Where you replace the AssetID with your criteria. If you want to search by name for example, replace 'A.AssetID=XXX' with 'A.AssetName=XYZ'

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now