cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JW
Engaged Sweeper
Hi All.

I have been trying to find a system that can give me a report to show who has AutoCAD installed and the serial number. The version that comes with it only seems to pick up a single PC although I know we have several others for both LT and full 3D.

Can you advise if the latest version is able to pull this info from the users PC's

Thanks.

JW.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We answered this question via email, but for anyone else wondering:
  • We only scan a limited number of license keys by default. You can enable scanning of additional keys under Configuration\Product Keys. There is a built-in list of registry locations known to store license keys, but you can add your own as well.
  • Don't forget to rescan your assets afterwards by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting the Rescan button on the left. Wait for the "last seen" (= last successful scan) dates listed on your computer webpages to update.
  • Scanned license keys can be found in the following built-in report of the Reports tab: "License: Software licensekey overview". You can filter this report for a specific product within the report results.
  • Keep in mind that license keys should not be used to determine which computers have the corresponding software package installed. This knowledge base article explains why.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JW
Engaged Sweeper

Just to further add. I was able to add AutoCAD to the license report by installing each version we had and searching the registry for SerialNumber. from there I was able to add this to the scanned product keys.

This was a very helpful page from the support people, Viewing and scanning software license keys

This gives the information I need.

hope it helps someone else.

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We answered this question via email, but for anyone else wondering:
  • We only scan a limited number of license keys by default. You can enable scanning of additional keys under Configuration\Product Keys. There is a built-in list of registry locations known to store license keys, but you can add your own as well.
  • Don't forget to rescan your assets afterwards by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting the Rescan button on the left. Wait for the "last seen" (= last successful scan) dates listed on your computer webpages to update.
  • Scanned license keys can be found in the following built-in report of the Reports tab: "License: Software licensekey overview". You can filter this report for a specific product within the report results.
  • Keep in mind that license keys should not be used to determine which computers have the corresponding software package installed. This knowledge base article explains why.