cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davis226
Engaged Sweeper II
Does 4.0 now support 2008 R2 to run the scanning service?? I ran the install and everything worked fine up until the installer tried to starting the service and failed. I was able to launch the services control panel and start the service manually. Everything seemed OK until I started receiving MMC errors "MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly" when trying to launch various consoles. So I rebooted the server and now I am receiving an error trying to login "The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.".....then the server just hangs for a few minutes and reboots......

I am going to try and do an uninstall from safe mode to see if that helps.....
29 REPLIES 29
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This patch solves the problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2401588
davis226
Engaged Sweeper II
The June 10th update failed to resolve the issue for me as well....
jasonbrink
Engaged Sweeper III
I installed the 10 June hotfix as well as the previous posted hotfixes, and I'm still having major issues with my lansweeper server.

Windows 2008 Standard R2 (physical server)
SQL 2008 R2
IIS 7
Latest lansweeper

The server keeps rebooting, a few times a day, usually triggered when going to the lansweeper website.

I uninstalled lansweeper, and then tried the built-in website, and it's still rebooting a few times a day.

I'm about to go back to Windows 2003 R2 unless someone has any ideas...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Take a look at this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982293/en-us (10 June)

Windows 2008 R2 clearly has a lot of unfixed WMI bugs.
davis226
Engaged Sweeper II
Geert....I installed 2008 R2 on a brand new physical server and added those hotfixes you indicated. Lansweeper ran for about 1 hour 10 minutes and then the server crashed with the same RPC errors.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
upon further investigation....LS moved to virtual server on 6/4 (Friday afternoon). Server automatically rebooted (because of RPC failure) once each on 6/7, 6/8, 6/9 and now multiple times today. Due to the time of day and how quickly the vm reboots, we didn't notice the outages on 6/7-6/9. LS moved back to physical Win2K3 server.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
Still may not be addressed for us either. LS ran for about a week with no known issues, but server became unresponsive today. Nothing unusual in the lansweeper error log, but in Windows system log, the RPC endpoint mapper service terminated unexpectedly. Of course, this was immediately followed by another event stating the RPC service also terminated. These are similar to issues mentioned earlier in this post. Upon reboot, things appear to be working again.
davis226
Engaged Sweeper II
After installing the patches, I still have the same problem. I will try a fresh install of the OS and try again.....
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
We installed the above 4 patches on our virtual Win2k8 R2 server, then installed the Lansweeper service/website (we are using the same server that was having the issues earlier in this topic). So far, everything appears to be working normally--no MMC issues or errors of any kind.