If you'd like to submit a domain for scanning other than the one your Lansweeper server is located in and there is no trust between these two domains, you will need to ensure that your Lansweeper server can correctly resolve the domain you're trying to scan. Do the following:
- On your Lansweeper server, open your Start menu and select Run.
- In the input box, type ncpa.cpl and hit OK.
- Right-click your network connection and select Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and hit the Properties button.
- Hit the Advanced... button and select the DNS tab.
- Hit the upper Add... button in the DNS tab, enter the DNS server of the domain you'd like to scan and hit Add.
- Tick Append these DNS suffixes (in order), hit the lower Add... button, enter the DNS suffix of the domain you'd like to scan and hit Add.
- Submit the domain for scanning as normal, e.g. by following the instructions in this knowledge base article.