When you've downloaded the Lansweeper executable and run it to perform a Lansweeper installation, you may encounter the error seen below. This error seems to imply that the Lansweeper software is incompatible, i.e. that it is a 64-bit program being run on a 32-bit machine. This error message is completely misleading however and does not indicate what the actual cause of the issue is. The reason for the error is that the Lansweeper executable was not fully downloaded and is therefore incomplete. The corrupt download may be caused by a disruption in Internet connectivity or a firewall or anti-virus software erroneously interrupting the download.
To resolve the error above, do the following:
- Make sure your Internet connection is stable and that your firewalls and anti-virus software are not blocking access to the Lansweeper website. If it turns out your anti-virus software was blocking access, please let our support team know at email@example.com so we can report the false positive to the vendor.
- Re-download LansweeperSetup.exe from our download page.
- Right-click LansweeperSetup.exe and select Properties
- Make sure the file size listed in the Details tab matches the one mentioned on our download page. If the executable is much smaller than what is listed on our download page, it is incomplete and should be re-downloaded.
- Double-click the executable again to run it.