The currency used throughout the web console, e.g. in the license compliance modules and for custom currency fields, can be customized by modifying the configuration file of the console. To change the web console's currency format, do the following:
- In Windows Services on the machine hosting your web console, stop the web server service running the console. Keep in mind that this will log everyone out of the console. Your web server service is either IIS Express or World Wide Web Publishing Service (IIS). If you're unsure which web server your console is running under, browse to the following section of the web console and check the WebServer field: Configuration\Website Settings
- Copy the line below and replace en-US with your preferred culture. The website culture determines the currency format or symbol used in the console.<globalization culture ="en-US"/>Some common currencies and their culture values are listed below, but a complete list of culture values can be found in this knowledge base article.
$ = en-US
£ = en-GB
€ = de-DE
₹ = hi-IN
¥ = ja-JP
- Open the following file with Notepad or another text editor:Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\web.config
- Add the line you previously copied in the location shown in the screenshot below and save your changes.
- Restart the web server service in Windows Services.
- Refresh any web browser tabs where the web console is currently open. You should see the new currency format being used.