The Windows computer you install Lansweeper on must meet the requirements below.
- Architecture32-bit or 64-bit
- Virtual or physicalYou can install the Lansweeper software on either a virtual or physical computer.
- Operating systemYou can install the Lansweeper software on non-Home and non-Starter editions of any of the operating systems listed below. A Windows Server OS is recommended for networks of more than 1,000 assets, though not strictly required.- Windows Vista, SP2- Windows 7- Windows 8- Windows 8.1- Windows 10- Windows Server 2008, SP2- Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1For 2008 R2, hotfix KB2401588 may be required in addition to SP1.- Windows Server 2012- Windows Server 2012 R2- Windows Server 2016- Windows Server 2019
- Disk spaceLansweeper data, reports and settings are stored in a database, which is hosted in either Microsoft SQL Compact or Microsoft SQL Server. The size of your database can vary greatly depending on how much data you're scanning and how much history you're keeping. As a rule of thumb however, we recommend reserving 1GB of disk space per 1,000 Windows computers. Non-Windows machines have less of an impact on database size.
- Database serverBelow is a list of supported database servers. SQL Server offers bigger databases and better performance than SQL Compact. Using SQL Server is recommended if you have a network of more than 1,000 assets or if you plan on using the Lansweeper help desk. SQL Server is also required if you want to set up a Lansweeper installation with multiple scanning servers. SQL Server comes in several editions like Express, Standard and Enterprise, all of which are supported.- Microsoft SQL Compact- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, any edition- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, any edition- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, any edition- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, any edition- Microsoft SQL Server 2014, any edition- Microsoft SQL Server 2016, any edition- Microsoft SQL Server 2017, any editionSQL Compact can automatically be set up and configured by the Lansweeper installer itself. SQL Compact databases are limited to 4GB of data by Microsoft. If you require SQL Server instead, you must manually install this database server prior to running the Lansweeper installer. Express (freeware) editions of old SQL Server versions are also limited to 4GB, while Express editions of newer SQL Server versions (2008 R2 and beyond) are limited to 10GB. There are of course non-Express editions of SQL Server as well, which are not limited in size.
- Web browserLansweeper has a web interface, which can be viewed in a web browser locally from the Lansweeper server or remotely from other machines. Below is a list of officially supported browsers for interface viewing. Browsers not listed below may work as well, but have not been tested for possible layout issues and may not be able to run asset or user actions.- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11- Google Chrome, updated to the latest version- Mozilla Firefox, updated to the latest version
- Other installed software- The computer you install Lansweeper on must have .NET Framework 4.6 or a more recent .NET version installed, updated to the latest service pack.- The computer you install Lansweeper on must have Windows Installer 2.0, but this should come pre-installed with your operating system.- If you choose SQL Compact as your database server, Visual C++ 2012 is required on your Lansweeper server as well.If you do not already have .NET Framework 4.6 or Visual C++ 2012 installed, the Lansweeper installer will automatically try to download and install this for you. If your machine does not have Internet access however, you may have to download and install these components manually.