The Lansweeper web console can be run under the IIS Express or IIS web server, both of which are developed by Microsoft. IIS Express is the default web server used by Lansweeper, but you can choose to install under IIS instead. IIS or Internet Information Services is available in most editions of Windows, though disabled by default. If you choose to host the Lansweeper console under IIS, you must manually install IIS on your machine prior to running the Lansweeper installer. This article explains how to install IIS on a Windows 10 machine.
To enable IIS on a Windows 10 computer, do the following:
- Open the Start menu.
- Type features and select Turn Windows features on or off
- Tick the Internet Information Services checkbox and hit OK.
- Wait for the installation to complete and hit Close.
- If you plan on using integrated Windows authentication in Lansweeper or another website hosted in IIS, tick the Windows Authentication option under Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Security as well and hit OK.
- You can now install Lansweeper and choose IIS as your web server by following this installation guide. After installation, you will see your Lansweeper web console listed in IIS Manager (inetmgr), along with a default website that was generated when you enabled IIS.