From Lansweeper 5.2 onward, a built-in option in the web console allows you to keep a history of scan attempts made by the Lansweeper Server service. This is mostly useful for debugging purposes and should not otherwise be enabled, as this scan logging feature can significantly increase the size of your database.
To enabling the feature, do the following:
- Browse to the following section of the web console: Configuration\Server options
- Tick the Enable scan logging checkbox in the Scan Logging section of the page.
- Tick the Delete scan logs after XX days checkbox as well and lower the days setting as much as possible. As this feature can significantly increase the size of your database, it is recommended that you have the data deleted on a regular basis.
- Restart the Lansweeper Server service in Windows Services on your Lansweeper server.
- As soon as new scan attempts have been made, run a report based on the tblScanHistory database table to list the collected information. A sample report can be found in this topic in our report center.