To configure Internet Explorer to run asset and user actions, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer, select the Internet options menu item and open the Security tab of the resulting popup window.
- Click the Trusted sites icon and hit the Sites button.
- Submit your Lansweeper web console's URL in the upper input box, hit Add and then Close. Web console URLs are generally formatted as follows:http://<IP address or name of the machine hosting your web console>:<HTTP port number>/https://<IP address or name of the machine hosting your web console>:<HTTPS port number>/Uncheck the following option in the popup to add an HTTP URL to the trusted sites: Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- Hit the Custom level... button.
- Set Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins to Enable.
- Set Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting to either Enable or Prompt. Then hit OK twice.
- Restart Internet Explorer. To ensure that Internet Explorer is fully stopped before restarting, you can open Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), right-click the iexplore.exe process(es) under Processes and select End Process.
- If you still see the message below when attempting to launch an action, there may be a conflict between the configuration changes you've made and your other security settings. You can try resetting your trusted sites' security settings by selecting the Internet options menu item, selecting Trusted sites in the Security tab and hitting the Default level button. Afterwards, reconfigure Internet Explorer to run actions.