To run asset and user actions in Google Chrome, you first need to install Lansweeper's Chrome extension. To do so, follow the steps below.
Installing the extension components
To install the Lansweeper extension, do the following:
- Download and run this executable.
- Hit Next. The executable adds a Lansweeper folder with the extension components to the Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application directory on your computer. It also attempts to add the extension, which communicates with the extension components, to your browser configuration.
- Restart Chrome. To ensure that Chrome is fully stopped before restarting, you can open Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), right-click the chrome.exe process(es) under Processes and select End Process.
- Make sure the extension is enabled. Type about:extensions in Chrome's address bar, hit Enter and enable the extension, if it's not already enabled.If the extension does not appear in the extension list, install it from the Chrome Web Store, by following the steps below.
Installing the extension from the Chrome Web Store
To install the extension from the Chrome Web Store, do the following:
- Make sure you've installed the extension components first, by following the first section of this article. The extension won't work without the extension components.
- Follow this link to find the Lansweeper extension in the Chrome Web Store.
- Hit the Add To Chrome button.
- Hit the Add extension button in the resulting popup.
- Make sure the extension is enabled. Type about:extensions in Chrome's address bar, hit Enter and enable the extension, if it's not already enabled.