When you access the Lansweeper web console for the first time, you are presented with a First Run Wizard, which allows you to set up scanning and configure some basic options.
To go through the wizard, do the following:
- Depending on whether you are using Lansweeper for the first time or already own a license, tick either the first or second checkbox. If you tick the first box, you will be asked to submit your email address, preferably a business email address. This email address will receive a key to unlock your installation, which can be submitted at the end of the First Run Wizard. If you tick the second box, you will be asked to submit the license key you purchased.
- Hit Next on the welcome screen.
- Select the IP ranges you would like to scan. By default, the wizard will present you with the IP ranges of your local subnet(s), but you can submit other ranges in the available input boxes as well.
- Select the types of assets you have in your network. If you select a specific type of asset, you will be asked to submit a credential for it on the following screens. Lansweeper supports scanning of Windows computers, Linux and Unix computers, Mac computers, network devices (printers, switches...), VMware and vCenter servers, Citrix XenServers, Amazon Web Services cloud assets, Microsoft Azure cloud assets, mobile devices enrolled in Microsoft Intune and Office 365 environments.
- Review the credential info screen and hit Next.
- Submit credentials for the asset types you selected earlier and hit Next on each credential screen. You can hover over the info icon to receive information on the permissions your credential requires. Lansweeper will use the credentials you submit to scan the IP ranges selected earlier. Lansweeper will also automatically scan the domain or workgroup your Lansweeper server is located in. Windows computers will be scanned as they come online. Domain users will be scanned from Active Directory on a scheduled basis.Scanning with SNMPv3 and SSH certificate/key credentials is supported as well, but these credentials must be configured after completing the First Run Wizard. They are not configured in the First Run Wizard itself.
- If you submitted your email address at the beginning of the First Run Wizard, copy the key in the email you received and paste it into the wizard. Hit Next to continue.
- At this point, Lansweeper will start scanning your network. Hit Finish to proceed to the web console, which will display scanned data. You can safely explore the console while scans are taking place in the background.